Why does it seem that every gate I come to in unit 36a is closed with a pad lock on it. Even the area I use to hunt off canoa rd now has a lock gate. With my hunt coming up next week I'm not sure where to go now. Anyone have any suggestions? Pm me if you can help out.

Just kidding ... go hang out with locals a couple days before the hunt ... May make some friends that will help point you in the right direction ... Always a friendly bunch down there!

Bolt cutters and a bunch of extra locks? Cut a link and add your own "entry pass" while maintaining the integrity of the chain.

Or start hiking in. Probably better hunting now anyway.

In all seriousness, I am in no way advocating trespassing or destruction of private property. If it is private property, respect it. I would be pissed if I caught someone cutting a chain to my land.

I live in 36a. And the mines have bought most of that land. It's considered private property. But they have have not posted any signs. Head west into the keystone towers area. Lots of deer. But you may have to hike a bit. Goodluck.