MOWhitail

T minus 5 days and counting....

Coming from Washington state with my 16 year old son for his first Mule Deer hunt, in 12AW. I am so excited for this trip I can't stand it. He is a Junior this year, and I have just a couple more years before he leaves the house for school and I have to learn to take more and more of a back seat in his life. So I am really going to enjoy this. I was going to do this hunt DIY, but my wife knew how important it was to us both and insisted we go with Duwane Adams... Can't believe the Lord blessed me with such an incredible wife and mom to my kids... so AZ here we come! :) Any other parent/kid combos headed to the Kiabab next week?

Been packing all weekend. My 12 year old daughter and I are heading up to 12AE. She only has 3 days, but I have the whole hunt off.

I'll be in 12AW with my godson's oldest boy and his grandpa. trailers are waiting for us at Cliff Dwellers (Thank You Steve Hatch) to hook up and head to camp. This will a typical deer or elk camp 15 or so campers and 2 hunters. Good Luck to everybody headed to the "Bab".

You'll be in the best of hands with Duwane and crew --- have a GREAT hunt! Be safe and shoot straight (looking forward to the grip & grin pics) ...

I'm the young half of a father/son combo, also in 12AW, but I'm over 40. Probably not what you meant, lol. We're going DIY and totally whiffed on scouting because of some medical conditions that popped up, but we're ratcheting down our expectations on size of bucks and ratcheting up expectations on a great hunt together. Great hunts to you all!

I'd love nothing more than to hear the stories of all these great hunts, and see some great pics in about 2 weeks! Sounds like a great crew going up that way. I hope that everyone has a safe and wonderful time!

Was up until 11:00PM last night packing. Most of the trailer is packed and ready to go with the camping supplies. 95% of the clothing is packed and ready to throw in the truck. 80% of the groceries are in the tote and ready to go, just need to buy the fruit and veggies mainly. Truck has new shocks, new wiper blades, oil change, and washed. Rifles are all in the cases, pack is stocked and ready to go at a moments notice, and all hunting accessories are ready to go. All optics have been cleaned and ready to go.

Just need to finish the groceries, load the ice chests, and throw the expensive stuff in the truck. Should take about an hour or two to be ready to hit the road after the groceries are bought!!!

Today and tomorrow are going to SUCK at work!!!

Heading up Thursday with a few buddies for our first Kaibab hunt in 12AW. These are going to be the longest two days of my life leading up to Thursday... We've done a lot of scouting/research and hope it pays off. Good luck everybody!

Packed last night until 10PM. I have 90% of the stuff either in the truck or on the trailer. Just need the clothes, guns, optics, and perishable food and I am ready to go.