Sign in to follow this  
Red Dog

I would like to learn trapping

Hey guys, I'm extremely interested in trapping, I'm 20 years old, a full time college student, I'm majoring Forestry with a wildlife management cert in hopes of working for the AZGFD. I just finished the trappers education course, and just have to buy my trappers license. I was wondering if anyone would be up for taking me on a couple trapping check lines and running me through it? I mainly just want to see what it's like, and if it's something I want to invest in, as well as learn and get some first hand experience. I live in the Gilbert/Mesa area off of Higley/Guadalupe, would prefer to drive to someone in the east valley, but am open for any opportunity I can get. I'm definitely willing to help in any way possible in exchange for first hand experience and knowledge.

- Seth S.

Wish I could help but I'm up in Prescott valley and also brand new to trapping. This will be my first season also and I'm all ready to go... cage traps ready, tags, lures, danglers, everything is ready. I've watched many videos and done a ton of research in the last year and a half to prepare but can't really give any advice as I'm new. I just bought mercer lawing's Dvd and it is really good. I could borrow it to you if you wanted. I also have his other DVD on putting up fur but haven't watched it yet. The DVD I watched was very good. Anyway - Good luck. I know there are some trappers on here and some other forums. Hopefully someone can help you out, better yet take you out.

• Like 1

Thanks Critter, I may take you up on the offer for the DVD, I've been watching YouTube videos on setting up cage traps, descenting the traps, etc. pretty interested in learning all I can. Nothing beats first-hand experience.

-Seth

Good luck I too am new and just got my license. In fact I believe we were in the same class Saturday. I posted a thread on here a while ago and got some great information from Hyperwrx il post the link he starts on page 2 and keep reading its some very valuable information! Good luck

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/53183-frigidaire-chest-freezer/

• Like 1

Good luck I too am new and just got my license. In fact I believe we were in the same class Saturday. I posted a thread on here a while ago and got some great information from Hyperwrx il post the link he starts on page 2 and keep reading its some very valuable information! Good luck

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/53183-frigidaire-chest-freezer/

Man, If I would have known you were in the same class, I would have said whatsup. I'll check out the thread now. Thanks for the info Coues assassin!

Hyperwrx gives good info. I read many of his posts when I got started and I believe they helped me catch some of my first cats. You might also check out the archives on the trapperman forum. A wealth of knowledge there. If your ever up around flagstaff your always welcome to come with me on my high country trap line : )

• Like 1