Sign in to follow this  
RodinAZ

Help needed, lost a good buck today

Hunting in 22 this morning and made a marginal hit on a good buck. I've read on here before that guys have used tracking dogs to find lost game. I would really like to recover this deer ASAP if anyone knows who I can reach out to and help find him.

Just west of Rye

Thank you

Thanks for the reply, apparently the state of AZ does not allow the use of dogs to track wounded game. I spent the rest of the day looking for him with no luck.

Bottom line, if you shot him, he could be dead as dead can be. You can call in dogs but must pull them immediately if the deer is found to be alive.

Thanks for the reply, apparently the state of AZ does not allow the use of dogs to track wounded game. I spent the rest of the day looking for him with no luck.

I thought as long as long as they had a lease on them you could use them?

Probably depends on the game warden you talk to. I had a wounded archery bear a few years ago that G&F told me I could track with a leased dog. I found the bear without the dog and closed the deal.

Dogs can be used on game that is legal to take with dogs. Bears, lions, bobcats, and raccoons are the only things you can track with dogs. Most people with hounds would not allow their dogs to track elk, deer, ect because we co side that trash and work to train the dogs to stay away from that stuff. Unfortunately dogs of any breed can't be used to track other wounded game. Imo game and fish should have a few sources where people can call and someone can go out with a dog and track the non legal dog game.

Any new updates? Have you found anything else, buzzards maybe?