Sign in to follow this  
fatfootdoc

oryx draw

Well according to the dates in the proclamation we should find out anyday now if any of us are going oryx hunting. I put in for on range and off range and hopefully this year I break my streak of 0 for 5 years. I feel like I am putting in for elk in AZ with that kind of statement?!. Good luck to all of you. AG

Results are up! I didn't get my oryx tag :angry:

must be beginners luck. this is the first time I have ever put in for Oryx and guess what - I am going to be on the Stallion the weekend of 2/16/2008. man that is a long was away. will definetly be on here trying to get info on the hunt and how to field judge these animals.

it is kind of a two sided sword. one side - I got drawn for a once in a lifetime hunt. the other side - nonresident tag fee is $1,616. ouch. oh well you cant take it with you. gotta spend it on something. guess I wont be heading to mexico to hunt coues next jan.

later. chris.

Congratulations Chris!!! I don't envy the price of admission, but the show is suposed to be good. What a reason to get a new rifle as that Christiansen definitely won't work ;) . Vinihunt may be able to give you some info.

Doug~RR

skunked on my oryx tag in NM.... again... for the 7th time... looks like I'll try again next year.

Oh well, I'll just take mine in the Karoo region of South Africa next summer when I head back. He was gonna be on my wish list for next years safari anyways.

Well, skunked once again. I think I am now 0 for 13 for on-range hunts. I did draw a depredation tag one year and got a good bull on that hunt.

SunDevil, my brother has hunted with other people on the stallion range before and could probably give you some info. I also know some people who work on the range and could probably get you some info as well.

Well I didn't get my off-range tag but my Dad and my friend Jim both got drawn for there once and a lifetime tags! My Dad has been applying for over 10 years and Jim as only applied twice! Both hunts are on the Stallion Range. Jim's is the same hunt as yours Chris so I'll probably see you there. Let me know if you need any info about the Stallion range. I've been there twice. I wouldn't say I'm an expert on field judging them, but I probably have some tips for you. Congrats on drawing it, you should have a great time!

Travis

Hooked on Coues, Congrats on drawing your Oryx tag. Nada here for me this year, I applied for Stallion Range Jan. hunt, maybe next year.

Yes, I am putting in for the December hunts. My work and my wifes work prvents otherwise, so I cannot put in for the earlier hunts. Started hunting em in December and became totally addicted. Wish they would have left it alone. Thanks USO.....