Sign in to follow this  
Edge

bargain buck

Nice Buck Edge! Glad you got to get out after helping others out. Love that Rifle! Lots of character in them older guns. Spend enough years carrying and shooting the same gun you hit whatever you aim at. And Pop should kick your butt if you sold it!

• Like 1

Thanks, non typical, Mocha.

Don't understand the snarky comments of others, wasn't after a "monster" or I wouldn't have shot this one with 2 days left in the hunt, but I certainly would have liked to have knocked down the first one I saw. He was bigger bodied, more meat to share with friends and family.

I shot this one for my dad whom is too old to hunt anymore. he really enjoys the meat and it really hurts him to know he can't go afield any longer. Years ago I used to put him in the truck when I'd go hunting just so he could be near by.

I'll take him some roasts and loin in a couple weeks. The venison should help him get over the trauma ma caused when she threw out that old freezer burned squirrel meat he was saving. lol

• Like 1

Can't eat the horns. Glad your Pop is gonna get some good meat. Don't let him keep it in the freezer too long!

I leave next week for my hunt. My Pops is still giving it a shot. He's 89 now. Cannot wait to get out there with him and my brother. I'll take the first one I can get cause I don't know if Dad will be able to stay too long. To me it's about making memories and hopefully filling the freezer.

I do Love that rifle of your. I'll be taking down my Savage 99C. As old as I am and shoots pretty darn good.

Did you take that 45 along with you? How does she shoot?

Hey good luck
That rifles scope mount was designed for the 99
Yup, keeping the 1911. Used the ol lady s nail polish on the front sight and I can see it again.
Take lots of pics, watch out for da buzztails.

Lets get together when you return and take the 1911's to the range.

• Like 1

Awesome post! Thanks for sharing. There something be said for a rifle taking a spill into the Frisco and holding zero. I enjoyed the photos , especially that spike and rifle.

I am used to carrying everything on my back. Those mules look like the only way to do it. Makes me think how far a guy could get back in the Blue.

• Like 2

Nice! Congrats! Enjoyed the pics!

• Like 1

way to go boys! you 2 sure have had a busy week and i know Mike's schedule is just getting started!

I need to get these photos together for you guys soon. October success is always tough, you guys make it look easy with your ninja skills!

• Like 1

Thanks Cousenut, how did your hunt go?

Randy, thanks.

Trphyhntr, love your posts

Dan, Lets get the pics together and take some new ones in the Eagletails, I'm itching to go.

Wampus cat, Fortunately the rifle was cushioned by my dads back when he slid down the canyon towards the Frisco, broke several ribs

Hope you didn't pay too much for those seal a meal bags.

We recycle them. Jk

• Like 1