Sign in to follow this  
scoutm

Feedback - Consolidating 10x and 15x Slc for the 12x50ELs

Has anyone consolidated their 10x42s and 15x56s SLC for the 12x50ELs??

How did it work out? Any regrets?

I still have the 10x42s and love them but glassed with the 12 x 50 ELs for the last six days. Brighter, sharper, clearer than the 10 x 42s, manageable when worn around the neck, awesome on the tripod. No regrets.

I'm thinking about doing the same almost just different brands. I have 7x35's, 10x50's and 15x56 and think I can get away with what I do with the 7's and a set of 12's. The Razor 12's also get way closer IPD so that will help me a ton with being able to see edge to edge for long periods of time compared to my 15's which do the job but just don't quite get close enough for me to be perfect. If I could sell my Kaibab's I'll let you know how it works out for me! LOL!

I still have all three but if forced to choose, no contest, its the 12's.

I just had this discussion with a buddy. You can see everything with the 12's you can see with the 15"s. The only short coming is the ability to pick apart a bush which obviously the more power the better. But I have a big spotter for this as well.

I'll be selling my swarovski 15 56 very soon to go into 12s.

If you've Not sitting behind a set of 12 out in the hills you'll never convince some one you can see better with a set of 12. I was a non believer. Till I glassed with the 12x50 el's. Now I have seen the light. Plus the weight reduction.

I got rid of my 10s and 15s and got the 12s. I have no regrets. I don't notice the loss in magnification at all from the 15s.

The 12 power is a little much when trying go free hand like you would with the 10s but it works.

I don't own any 12's at this point. Currently I use 10X50 slc's around my neck and a 65mm spotter in my pack. I can see where the 12's would be a nice option. I'll acquire a set one day. 56's are nice but do have a 3.7 exit pupil. I've always felt low light was an issue. 12's have 4.2 which is an improvement.

Thanks for all the comments and pm's they are very helpful. Very hard decision to make. Hope to get more insight so keep them comments coming.

I went to the 12s from the 10/15s and am very happy. I also picked up a spotter that weighs the same as the 15s did if I need more power for a hunt. The 12s are amazing