Sign in to follow this  
az41mag

First time in Kaibab

Just wanted to share my buck from the early Kaibab hunt this year. This was my first time hunting the Kaibab and what an amazing experience it was. I had heard people talk about how great the Kaibab hunts are and I've even read some books written about Kaibab, but it's hard to imagine such an incredible place until you've experienced it firsthand. The scenery and views from up there are simply spectacular, and the sheer number of deer that we saw on this trip was incredible. I was very fortunate to have a good friends' father help me out on this hunt. His ability to find deer in the most obscure places never ceased to amaze me. Anyways, this buck was spotted right before the sun was about to set, and one shot through a small window of oaks and brush with the 7mm mag was all it took. I couldn't be happier with this buck and this hunt is up there at the top of my favorite hunts. Thank you again Rick for all your help and making this a very memorable hunt, I learned a lot and couldn't have done it without you.

Good luck to all those still in the field and those with the later hunts.

post-5555-0-66584300-1414802243_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Real nice buck, interesting 3x3. Congratulations, sounds like a great place to hunt.

I always say it and I'll say it again... The Kaibab is a special place. Congratulations on your success. I know you'll be be back up there soon enough. ;)

Congratulations on a nice buck and what sounds like a great hunt!

Right on! Congrats on your harvest!!

Congrats man