Sign in to follow this  
4huntrs

Dan Nogales

This October was 1 year since we lost Big D. I was not sure how this years deer camp would be without him. He past away last year on opening day of deer season a few hours after tagging a buck in 36B. I am glad to have spent those couple of days with him. He always talked about his family, sports, shooting and past hunts with family and friends. And a lot of jokes and laughing. So this year was a little awkward to say the least but myself and his Brother Rich felt we needed to get all the boys together this year. Rich and Mike brought Dans boys down and me with 2 of mine. So on October 25th as I sat in the dark high in the mountains of Southern Arizona waiting for glassing light my thoughts were of Dan. I knew I wanted to put something here for Dan but didnt know what was a fitting memorial, then I realized I was looking at it. Dan was a Brother, Husband, Father and Friend. He is missed greatly and often in our thoughts.

post-12677-0-84242900-1414878947_thumb.jpg Sunrise October 25th.

post-12677-0-81707100-1414878921_thumb.jpgDan in early 90s. one of our first trips.

• Like 4

I didn't know him but if it where me I would want my friends and family to just what you did by taking my kids along and teaching them the right way. I think just by taking his boys along would make him smile. It would for me.

Couldn't agree more with Sherman, what else can you do but try to carry on what the man loved. If you have it, post a pic of that last buck. The man who mounted it is a heck of a guy and did it justice for the family.

• Like 2

Thanks for posting this. Daniel was a special friend, and is truly missed. Great to hear the boys made it down.

Hard to believe it's been a year already. I knew Dan from work, he was a great person. I always enjoyed talking about coues hunting with him.