Sign in to follow this  
Xman2000

12A west Spoils!!! Muley Processed and Done Woot!!!!

Well I can Say I was extremely Blessed to Go Hunting with my Youngest son Lil X and some Dear hunting Buddies in the Kiabab. And After playing Chess and getting schooled by this buck all week, being relentless and Gods Favor with the Deer put me to work on these 2 days but finally able to sit back and enjoy the fruits of my labor ^_^ The trip was awesome the weather was nice but once the Deer hit the ground the work started so once I got home I got to work breaking down the deer , Firing up the Lem Grinder ,food saver , dehydrator, smoker , knives ,sharpeners, cutting boards , spices ,casings ,butcher paper, ect. I opted to do lots of Summer Sausage ,Bologna , and jerky a few roasts and Bacon Wrapped tenderloin and backstrap Fillet mignon medallions. Because I will need extra freezer Space for the end of November. My Wife and I also got Drawn for Bull Elk in Unit 1 :D. So the smell at my house right now is amazing and the satisfaction of processing all my own game not to mention the quality control of my processing ensures great table fair. In all I ended up with 18 pounds or so of jerky ,8 big sized Summer Sausages , 10 Bologna , 4 Roasts , Lots of bacon Wrapped Straps and about 4 pounds of ground Venison :PAnd Now I can enjoy cheese and Crackers, A Fine Cigar and Paired with an awesome Mimbres Red NM Wine Bon Appe'tit'

post-4762-0-20625200-1415174119_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

What lem grinder di you use? likes, dislikes, and if you were buying again would you buy the same one again? Thanks. Looks good.

Looks as if you know how to do it up right. Nothing like doing your on processing. Looks great and I'm sure it will taste as good as it looks. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

I knew Chef would be quick to hop in here on this post. :) That is right up his alley. Looks pretty dang good. Were the pictures of the buck in another post?

Got mine all done this weekend too.

I got/made:

21# of ground burger (cut 70/30 w. beef)

11# of Italian sausage (cut 70/30 w. pork)

8# of Chorizo (cut 70/30 w. pork)

9 large roasts (5# each)

8 steaks

Backstraps

Tenderloins

So about 95# of meat altogether, plus about 5# of grissly tough stuff I boiled up and am giving to the dogs. Plus they ate about 2=3# of raw meat while I was butchering on Saturday.

We have already eaten one large backstrap, 2 steaks, and 2# of burger. That was just this weekend! Mmmmm good stuff.

Bmf1321 the LEM grinder I used was a #22 1.0 HP its all Business when it comes to Grinding :D My wife bought it for me last Year because she saw the value in it grinding game up in half the time .I have a smaller Lem as well and have done a lot of Deer Elk , Javilina it has been good as well just takes a lot longer, love all the different attachments , all metal ,gearing not cheap plastic gears ,options ,cant think of any Cons other than its bulky to store but I have it for Life kind of like Glass buy the Best you can .I Am super Anal about my Game as soon as it hits the ground I do everything in my power to ensure the quality of the end result from cleanliness to Taste

post-4762-0-42630500-1415224946_thumb.jpg

post-4762-0-81856900-1415224995_thumb.jpg

Nice! Congrats on the hunt and now you can enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Awesome! Great choice on the New Mexico wine too! A perfect compliment!

Thanks for the info. I'm trying to decide between .35, .75, and 1hp. Nothing to compare it to and i want to buy one and be done. What is the smaller unit you have? How much faster is the 1hp than the smaller one? How many times a year do you use your grinder? Thanks again.

Bmf1321 I have a .35 the smallest one of the bunch that my mother-in law bought me like 6 years ago and have done countless animals with this unit at one time I believe we did 3 elk in about 4 day meat cutting party and on an other occasion 3 mule deer in a weekend it just takes a lot longer due to the limited size if u hunt a lot and want to do a lot of your own processing I recommend the bigger 1hp it makes your job so much faster and you can put more meat in the tray and it gobbles it up and I can hardly keep up with my son now as he's cramming down the meat. Get the big one im glad I have it now and like I said ill probly have both going at the end of the month with 2 bull elk (lord willing) Tags to fill ,either way you cant go wrong there all quality!! hope that helps

• Like 1

Excellent! I love processing my own deer and making my own sausage....just like you said, there is so much satisfaction and quality control. Great photo, thanks for sharing!