Sign in to follow this  
cramerhunts

Free Range Aoudad Hunt

After watching the video of Zac (ADDICT) and Scott's (Kilimanjaro) Aoudad hunt last year I immediately contacted Scott to find out how I could get in on one of my own. Scott got myself and my cousin John hooked up with a couple tags and plans started to come together. Before I knew it the time had come and we were off and running after a quick stop to help my father get his mule deer. We made the long drive and arrived in time to get camp set up and a little glassing done before dark. We were able to spot a stud ram that left us with some serious excitement that made for a sleepless night. After a hike mostly in the dark to our glassing point, we got set up and by the end of the first day we had one tag filled. The weather took a turn for the worst and we ended up getting rained in for almost three days. We saw some beautifully rugged country and a couple of huge rams. Despite the weather this was an awesome trip that definitely makes you appreciate sheep hunting and the beauty of West Texas. I wasn't able to put my hands on a ram of my own this time but I will be making a return in the near future to hopefully complete part 2 of our adventure. I can't thank Scott enough for helping make this hunt happen, he went above and beyond in making sure we had and will have a successful hunt. I put together this video that tells the story better than I can describe so I hope you enjoy it.

https://vimeo.com/111463470

John's Ram
post-216-0-72967500-1415774603_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

That is a BEAST.

I'm bummed I did not draw Aoudad in either NM or TX. Hopefully next year. Love hunting these sheep.

Man johns ram is a toad. That video totally sparks an interest in those cool looking creatures. Looks like it would be a physical hunt. Can't wait for part 2.

Yes very nice Phil.... but to me personally, the best part was that nice truck at the beginning of the video :) :P Awesome shot footage! :)

Congrats!! Being a red faced American myself, I love the shot of the booze table the best!! To be able to empty those bottles one solo cup at a time and still hike the hills is indeed impressive!! Excellent job fella's

Very nice Ram. Platinum chaps really look great with the dark cape.

I don't know how badly it will mess up the ecosystem but I wish those were living in our state and able to hunt them.

• Like 1

Each video yo have posted gets better than the last one. I really enjoyed that. Looks like a great time and a unique opportunity. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us.

• Like 1

Oh man! I want to hunt those awesome animals! Congrats to John on his ram! Really cool video too, can't wait for Part 2 Phil!

Super video Phil.

That ram is what dreams are made of. Aoudad hunts are the real deal, definitely not an easy hunt.

Congratulations again to John on his stud ram.