daverp

Late Rifle Bull Hunters...Almost Time. Check in!

Unit 9 late bull me and my dad who's getting up there in age drew together for the frist time in 9.Never hunted this unit and with busy work schedule no time to scout my dad has been deployed overseas the last 4 years so didn't get to hunt with him to much any help would be appreciated I know glass,glass,glass but a starting point or good location would help thanks and good luck to all

The unit is fairly flat which makes glassing tough but you can climb red butte and see for miles. Skinner ridge and the Eastern basin is good for the late hunts. I will be up there for the late hunt as well.

Unit 1 late bull hunt. Been up there scouting a lot, but trying to stay out of other people's hunts really limits my time to scout. I've located my #1 bull and my back-up bull just in case my first choice is a "no show". He has survived all the hunts so far. Currently, late archery bull hunt going on. Only 25 tags, but those archery hunters tend to be dialed in on where the good bulls are. Kinda nerve racking, waiting to see if he is still there on Nov. 28. Going up a few days early to see if I can relocate him. If not, then at least a couple of days head start on finding my back up bull or something else worthy of my wall. Hoping to post a pic and story like everyone else, but the thought of tag soup is always lurking in the back of my mind. Best of luck to everyone. Go find the bull of your dreams.

Will be leaving on Thanksgiving and going to give it 5 tough days in unit 27. No tag for me but Brother inlaw has one so I will be behind the glass. Hopefully we can put a big bull down and fill the freezer. Good luck to everyone!

I have a december 22n tag. Im limited on time since i just recently moved to seattle. Hopefully my family has some good bulls spotted for me. First bull tag since i was 14 and im 36 now.

Went scouting by myself for the day, and managed to spot four bulls including these two 6x's. One was ok, but the other was huge....at least by my standards....ha. Just hope they are still hanging around come December 5th.

Good luck to all.

post-3690-0-40373400-1416429414.jpg

post-3690-0-22731200-1416429453.jpg

got drawn for late rifle bull hunt in 5A with my dad.

First time I've ever been drawn, so I'm pretty stoked!

We scouted all morning this past Saturday near the red hill area in the lower elevation rolling juniper hills. We saw a lot of promising fresh sign, but we were glassing for hours and didn't see a single elk out there.

anyone else had any luck over in this unit? We are heading back up this weekend to scout some other areas. I'm hoping snow will fall there at some point this week so their positions will be a little more predictable.

I got drawn for the General hunt in Unit 23. Been tough scouting between school and all the logging and fires they are doing in the north part right now. I don't care about horns as long as I can feed myself next year. This is turning into a survival hunt!