Sign in to follow this  
azelkhunter69

Zandora's 6x6

Like a lot of other people, this is my first time trying to post a picture and I have no idea if it will work. This is my wife's 2nd bull in 4 years. She has had quite the run the last few years. Drew her first bull tag in 2011, shot a 6x5 and got her picture on the 2012 Elk and Antelope reg. booklet. Drew the same tag the next year and again this year. 3 bull tags in 4 years...must be nice. Proud of her, she came through and filled the freezer so I don't have to eat beef this winter.

Went to my favorite spot the 2nd morning and spotted this bull down the hill before we even sat down. He was just standing there looking around. My wife sat down and got ready to shoot. He was facing up the hill and didn't provide a great shot so I told her we would just be patient and wait for a good shot. He finally moved, but moved behind some trees. I couldn't see him but my wife could...barely. After what seemed to be an eternity, another bull steps into the opening the 1st bull was in at the beginning. I start telling my wife there is another bull now but she can't see him. She is focused on the first bull. Eventually the first, and bigger, bull takes a few steps and is standing broadside in an opening. I am going back and forth looking at both bulls trying to figure out which provides the better shot and BOOM, she decided, and shot this bull straight through the heart at about 100 yards. He went 40-50 yards and crashed.

Great job Zandora!!

post-12297-0-72751700-1416264947_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Awesome!! Congrats to your wife on a great bull!

• Like 1

Great hunt. Super nice bull. 3 tags in 4 years. She should be buying Lotto tickets.

• Like 1

That is some kind of luck your wife is having great job on a great bull

• Like 1

Great hunt. Super nice bull. 3 tags in 4 years. She should be buying Lotto tickets.

I thought the same thing and have had her buy tickets but apparently she only has that kind of luck with tags.

Congrats to you and your wife on an awesome bull!

• Like 1

Spectacular! Congratulations on a fine Bull and a woman showing us how it's done! Cool!