Sign in to follow this  
Bryson Bendall

Big bucks... What does it take?

Thread is officially derailed if it hasn't been since the first response

Little bit, but we're still talking about big racks and trophy hunting right? Or did I miss something...

Christie's on Washington has some good lunch specials if anyone's interested, I'll buy the first round. You can even take the light rail there.

• Like 1

Yeah a little bit... but I appreciate where the conversation is headed! You guys are my kind of people...

In all honesty, I appreciate your responses (especially Sundevil's creativity). I think it is interesting that it came down to money and time in the field... oh and of course luck. Hearing those estimates of what a big buck costs is pretty eye opening. Interestingly enough, I have recently been thinking about what medical specialty I hope to go into and I think one of my top 3 priorities is which one will allow me to spend the most time in the field. If there are any physicians on here that can shed some light on that, I would appreciate it. Right now, I live in the freaking middle of downtown Phoenix while I go to medical school so... I can't exactly step out of my back door and go hunting (unless I am doing the kind of hunting like some of guys are talking about and I don't think my wife would be real happy about that). "One day" I hope to live in rural AZ so that I can raise my kids essentially in the outdoors... Until then, I will have to enjoy a few days out in the field a year and keep reading all of your stories. Thanks again!

I was really lucky with a spot being in my family for years that tends to hold atleast one big buck year round and his niche gets filled fast if he's taken by one of us or a lion. But in luck with trying to find my own spots the places where I find bigger deer are always where you wouldn't expect them i.e. higher and lower elevations than you would expect. I love hunting by the mule deer hunters who have no idea your hunting coues. But finding them is one thing getting it done is another.

Yeah a little bit... but I appreciate where the conversation is headed! You guys are my kind of people...

In all honesty, I appreciate your responses (especially Sundevil's creativity). I think it is interesting that it came down to money and time in the field... oh and of course luck. Hearing those estimates of what a big buck costs is pretty eye opening. Interestingly enough, I have recently been thinking about what medical specialty I hope to go into and I think one of my top 3 priorities is which one will allow me to spend the most time in the field. If there are any physicians on here that can shed some light on that, I would appreciate it. Right now, I live in the freaking middle of downtown Phoenix while I go to medical school so... I can't exactly step out of my back door and go hunting (unless I am doing the kind of hunting like some of guys are talking about and I don't think my wife would be real happy about that). "One day" I hope to live in rural AZ so that I can raise my kids essentially in the outdoors... Until then, I will have to enjoy a few days out in the field a year and keep reading all of your stories. Thanks again!

i had a neighbor a few years ago that was an ER nurse on the night shift. She worked 3 12's and had 4 day weekends every week. I always thought that sounded like a sweet deal. She also said there were always extra shifts available if she wanted them, but usually she didn't. She had a little studio in Phoenix close to her hospital and a nice little 2 bedroom home in Superior where she spent her 4-day weekends gardening & hiking. Neat lady and she certainly set herself up right.

Guest 300ultramag.

i had a neighbor a few years ago that was an ER nurse on the night shift. She worked 3 12's and had 4 day weekends every week. I always thought that sounded like a sweet deal. She also said there were always extra shifts available if she wanted them, but usually she didn't. She had a little studio in Phoenix close to her hospital and a nice little 2 bedroom home in Superior where she spent her 4-day weekends gardening & hiking. Neat lady and she certainly set herself up right.

Flight Nurse would be my #1 pic in the medical field... 24 hours on and 7 off with housing provided

^ tell me you hit it

Nah, she had about 20 years on me. Not a bad looking gal though, and had the right set of interests. If I'd been maybe 10 years older at the time, and single, I would've had a run at her.

• Like 1

Bryson, The most time off would be either an ER doc or a hospitalist. This is mostly shift work and tends to have lots of days off. You can also do these jobs in more rural areas. Not what I went into because I never really had much interest in those fields.