Sign in to follow this  
Couzer

Duck Huntin

Went out this evening with a buddy from work and had a blast. I missed quite a few shots, but this was my first time actually going out being successful. Decoyed and called

post-2686-0-51631700-1416534727_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Nice mallards and sweet gun, got to love three pieces of perfection.

• Like 1

Yea the benelli's are sweet guns, cuts the recoil down drastically. The in laws have some private property with a pond on it. We got there about 1430 this afternoon and there were a few ducks already on it. They few immediately when we got there so we set up a couple dozen decoys and a blind. It was really cool to see them come in circling literally 15 times before they came into distance. We shot them right before they hit the water, it was tough to hold out that long as I was getting a itchy trigger finger. But like my buddy said they came into the calls and decoys, such a rush. I missed 10 or so, between the both of us we shot 10 total, 5 each.

• Like 4

North or south Az? Sweet birds.

Queen Creek birds

Very nice. I hope to do some duck hunting some day. Gotta find a friend that can show me the ropes :)

• Like 1

Very nice. I hope to do some duck hunting some day. Gotta find a friend that can show me the ropes :)

I agree and know squat about hunting them until I met my buddy at work. These birds could of been part local birds, but not sure

Not sure yet, I asked my buddy how to cook them and he said he usually makes fajitas out of them. Basically grab some oil in a frying pan, through your veggies in (peppers, onions), fry them up and then take them out. Then through the meat cut into thin slices into the frying pan with all juices from the veggies and more oil. Then put your veggies back in for a little longer and you should be good to go, wrap them in a tortilla with cheese and sour cream. ??? Sounds ok? I might try to smoke some of it as well. He also said to soak the meat in salt water for 4-8 hours?

So I guess I will try it out, never had duck before. I had to fillet it all out last night and throw it in the freezer for now because I work from 1am to 1pm.

post-2686-0-28004500-1416571534_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Ducks in the desert! Nice!!! Cool to see a great example of the amazing diversity in hunting opportunities we have here in this great state!!

Thanks for sharing the pics and write-up with the site!

S.

:)

• Like 1