Zeke-BE

Coyote problem in 36b

Last week I was down on my mule deer hunt. That first night it was a storm of coyotes and I can hear them harrasing the ranchers horse. Next day ran into a hunter that helping his older dad on his hunt. Right before we pulled up on them they just shot at a coyote. He goes on and explains he's been Glassing up a ton of them and was watching a few coyotes harrasing some deer. That's when he took the shot. That night same thing coyotes all over the place. Later on the hunt I get to a high point and started glass that morning and then it sounded about 6 of them just started up yelping and howling. I was looking frantically for them but I couldn't find them but I know they are there. Two years ago my brother hunted that same spot and he counted over 175 mule deer doe's. This year we counted up maybe 15 doe's. Not sure where they all went but I'm sure the yotes either pushed them out and probably ate a few. If your from Tucson and want a spot PM me I'll give my location. I live to far to do a stand.

Heard em on my hunt down there...coyote howls and looking at the milky way seems right to me somehow.

• Like 1

We had a ton at night in 24b. Didn't see any during the day. We also had a pack of javis pushing odd items around in ccamp. One night this little javi was lifting the beer cooler right in front of us. I had to chase him off with a stick.

• Like 3

We had a ton at night in 24b. Didn't see any during the day. We also had a pack of javis pushing odd items around in ccamp. One night this little javi was lifting the beer cooler right in front of us. I had to chase him off with a stick.

Lol you can't come to his hood and not offer up a bubbly
  • Like 2

It was crazy he lifted the lid right up with his nose. Lol not giving up my blue moons for no stinky pig.

You should always have a couple of Bud Lights to offer the freeloaders :rolleyes:

Beer drinking Javelina? Should have let him get one, could have been really entertaining! As far as Yores go, everywhere I go in AZ seems to have a good number of Coyotes.

Where I just hunted last week in Montana the Rancher told Me the have a Yote problem . We did see more than normal. And saw more in other areas too.The first Coues hunt I was ever on in 31, 25 years ago, I thought the yotes were gonna eat Me in my pop up there were so many outside. I don't know how any fawns ever survive in AZ. I promise when I retire in a few years I will spend My days thinning them out....BOB!

Every time I make it back home, I take my son out and we get a couple. YTD talley is 9 in 36B and 1 in 36A. My next rotation home coming up is for a month off. So I'll put a hurting on them then.

• Like 1

Ya true I wish I would have had a can I only had bottles. My dad told me to go kick him in the arse and close the doors on my trailer then have my son get us a beer. Lol he would have blew out of there and gave my son a heart attack.

I live in 36 a and have been down there 4 to 5 days a week for the last month getting a avrag of 5 a day just hunting in the morning got to run traps to or would stay all day already passed the 100 mark but couting numbers down maybe b spring will have under control with everyone else that can come hunt thinned them out in 36a last 2 years that unit produced 312 in 2 years there is a good trapper that keeps 36c under some what control you can never get them all

• Like 1