Elkaddict

Lost elk tag

I believe from a friend's similar experience that the person who lost the tag needs to sign the affidavit. You could not get it for your wife.

• Like 1

She has to be the one to get the duplicate tag. Definitely any license dealer has the ability to give her a duplicate tag. We had to get one at the store in Clints Well one year.

• Like 1

Ok so I have wondered about this for awhile. So your saying that if I got drawn for a tag I could go to any dealer and get a new one..even on draw hunts?? That's good to know..

Nice to know that dealers can replace a lost tag now. In 1993, when I finally drew my desert sheep tag after nearly four decades of applying, it was stolen along with my 3-month-old Chevy Silverado and about $3500 worth of camera equipment, tools, a .357 S&W, and a pair of 10x50 Swarovski binos. I still was writing outdoor stuff for the Tucson Citizen, and I knew just about everyone working for AGFD, As soon as word got around the Tucson office that I wanted a duplicate sheep tag, everyone there appeared at the counter with comments like, "In the entire history of Arizona, no klutz has ever lost a sheep tag. We have no precedent for issuing a duplicate" or "Sorry, just one tag per year per species, We don't issue duplicates to outdoor writers, lawyers, car salesmen, or PETA members." After having lots of fun with me, they finally issued the tag.

Bill Quimby

• Like 2

Good info. Funny we didn't lose my sons tag but drove around hunting for 2 days with it on my dash. Good thing he didn't shoot

Well...... son-of-a-mother-in-law-no-good-good-for-nothing.... and I forget how the rest goes, but wish I would have known this two months back.... my story (not me "a friend" ) needed his information during turkey.

To set the scene, we were in the middle of 23 south. set up camp Thursday, one last evening drive before the season. seen good sign... Friday morning it was Game on. Tim and I went in one jeep.... my brother and steve (and his 11 yr old) wen another direction. No cell service and usually don't care.

brushed out some deer on the opener, and met up with Tim. Our plan is get up and go before the sun. come back for brunch about 11, then be back at dark. We were waiting on other people to just come out for the camping part, so I found service and turned the phone on. One text was from Steve. "going to town to get a tag". Umm What?

Apparently Ben and Steve seen turkey walking out the other side of the spot when they pulled up. Then couldn't get on them... then they got to talking. Steve said "Sure hope matt has my tag". Ben said...."no its mailed to your house, why would he"? ha ha

They hen drove to young, where steve could get service and called G&f to confirm he was drawn. yep, (part of the 4 pack, he got drawn) but they said "looks like your tag was returned". Steve and ben said they could either take steve back to camp, and he could drive on his own...or cut out the extra driving and go from young.

Well, ten miles pulling outside of payson their conversation goes like this:

Ben: Pine doesn't have much in it

Steve: yeah it's really small.

Ben Pine, or Pinetop?

Steve: Yeah...

Ben: its two different places....

Steve: oh... Pinetop.

All in all it was like 7 hours of driving in an open jeep and something like 250 miles as they drove from south of young, Young, halfway to Pine, then back tracked and went to Pinetop