nateNAU

Second cat of the year

Wow ya biggest difference in 8 cages and 40 Lol I wish I had the time and resources to run half that. I want to catch a ring tail have never seen one in day light. What they sell for? I just want one to tan and hang

That's a big cat! Congrats on a good catch. I'm sure he was pretty heavy. I have been predator hunting and trapping for a lot of years and have personally seen a 34lb cat in TX and have caught cats over 20lbs in both TX and AZ. Keep on trapping hard this winter. Looks like your off to a good start.

• Like 1

It's good to see hyperwrx is still as much as a douche as he was last year. Gotta keep up that reputation!

I don't really see him typically launching personal attacks on people though. Usually he's trying to give advice and stick to the facts. He's probably been trapping/hunting as long as you've been alive.

The facts? His personal opinion of a picture to call a guy out about the weight of his bobcat is fact? Haha if he has been hunting for 24 years that's fantastic. Seems like he would have learned to not be such a douche during that time. The guy thinks he is God's gift to trapping and gets upset anytime someone catches a good cat or does something he doesn't agree with. Other guys on this thread have already said he is the same way on other sites and in person at meetings. Just because he gives some advice about trapping doesn't give him a right to tell a guy he is lying about the weight of his cat. His attitude about this was :well since I have been trapping for a long time and have caught a lot of cats and know a lot of guys that caught cats that aren't that big there is no way your cat could be that big. And since it's not common to catch a cat that big I am going to call you a liar and you should agree with me because I have experience about catching cats. . He has no idea where this cat was caught and what it could have been eating. It's one thing when you can disagree with the score of an elk and say well I think his g4 is this long and g3 is this long etc. . But simply saying a cat is not that big because I say it isn't is insane. Stick to giving advice to guys that want it. Not calling guys liars because you think you're a bada**.

• Like 3

It's good to see hyperwrx is still as much as a douche as he was last year. Gotta keep up that reputation!

I don't really see him typically launching personal attacks on people though. Usually he's trying to give advice and stick to the facts. He's probably been trapping/hunting as long as you've been alive.

Do you even hunt bro?

• Like 1

Do you even hunt bro?

LOL - Been hunting hard for 20 years straight.... Bro And what does that have to do with anything? = odd reply

BC.... I didn't say him calling out a guy was "facts" I stated usually he comes on giving good advice and sticking to the facts. How you twisted that is beyond me.

I don't know hyprwrx personally so this isn't my fight really... and I really don't give a crap about defending him but why do people get all butthurt when someone gives their opinion on whether a cat is 30lbs or not. I thought this was a hunting forum and folks could have a civil discussion about hunting without getting called names. But to come on and call a fellow poster a "douche" because he called out something he felt was falsely mis-represented is immature. If I had to count how many times BC777 has been told to shut his mouth vs. hyper on this forum... well Bc walks away with that one - Ha.

The facts? His personal opinion of a picture to call a guy out about the weight of his bobcat is fact? Haha if he has been hunting for 24 years that's fantastic. Seems like he would have learned to not be such a douche during that time. The guy thinks he is God's gift to trapping and gets upset anytime someone catches a good cat or does something he doesn't agree with. Other guys on this thread have already said he is the same way on other sites and in person at meetings. Just because he gives some advice about trapping doesn't give him a right to tell a guy he is lying about the weight of his cat. His attitude about this was :well since I have been trapping for a long time and have caught a lot of cats and know a lot of guys that caught cats that aren't that big there is no way your cat could be that big. And since it's not common to catch a cat that big I am going to call you a liar and you should agree with me because I have experience about catching cats. . He has no idea where this cat was caught and what it could have been eating. It's one thing when you can disagree with the score of an elk and say well I think his g4 is this long and g3 is this long etc. . But simply saying a cat is not that big because I say it isn't is insane. Stick to giving advice to guys that want it. Not calling guys liars because you think you're a bada**.

I'm guessing you and hyper didn't do lunch.

• Like 1

Don't get your feelings hurt because I called a guy a douche. Just call it like I see it. And plenty of guys have called me stuff and said stuff and I really don't care what they say to me. Hyper up on his high horse takes things a little differently.

Trust me my feelings weren't hurt... Lol. I don't even know the guy. You and hyper should have serranos together and hug it out.

(I honestly just didn't think the cat was 30lbs either but maybe it is... I don't know.. but if you are going to claim that back it up and get it weighed on a certified scale that's all... otherwise you're subject to justified scrutiny) Bottom line is that is an awesome cat he caught and congrats to the trapper! I can only wish to catch one that big this season.

I'm guessing you and hyper didn't do lunch.
Thankfully no we haven't done lunch haha

Trust me my feelings weren't hurt... Lol. I don't even know the guy. You and hyper should have serranos together and hug it out.

(I honestly just didn't think the cat was 30lbs either but maybe it is... I don't know.. but if you are going to claim that back it up and get it weighed on a certified scale that's all... otherwise you're subject to justified scrutiny) Bottom line is that is an awesome cat he caught and congrats to the trapper! I can only wish to catch one that big this season.

If you're going to call someone out at least have something to back it up other than "I know because I have caught lots of bobcats and because I have never heard of a bobcat that big in az" I'm all for guys calling guys out if they think they are lying if they have some concrete evidence to back it up. Like estimated measurements of antlers etc. But because he thinks the guy held the cat out with his arm too far and blah blah isn't enough to justify calling a guy a straight up liar. And why should that dude get a certified scale to prove to know it alls like hyper? He doesnt owe hyper any explanation.
  • Like 1

Get it weighed on a certified scale? Lol can I get a definition of a "certified" scale? Lol I'm just picture a guy with a cat in the produce or deli section in a grocery store throwing it on the scale

• Like 2

If you're going to call someone out at least have something to back it up other than "I know because I have caught lots of bobcats and because I have never heard of a bobcat that big in az" I'm all for guys calling guys out if they think they are lying if they have some concrete evidence to back it up. Like estimated measurements of antlers etc. But because he thinks the guy held the cat out with his arm too far and blah blah isn't enough to justify calling a guy a straight up liar. And why should that dude get a certified scale to prove to know it alls like hyper? He doesnt owe hyper any explanation.

Incorrect... The burden of proof lies with the poster (If he wants to claim a 30lb cat)....not the repliers/commenters. I can post I killed a 430" bull elk and have a odd picture and I guarantee you I will have all sorts of comments from people that disagree that it is 430. What is the difference? If I am posting claiming a weight or score I should back it up, thus reducing the uncertainty about the animals score. It's unfair to tell a commenter he has to back it up... he's just giving his opinion on what he thinks.