Sign in to follow this  
8OWHUNT247

KUIU "Sale" is a joke..

So whats up with Kuiu?? My wife had a full cart and of course, all of the items were on Back order. Which I am okay with, but apparently this BIG 25% off sale doesn't apply to anything on back order!!??? WHat the heck, how does that make sense? The sale SHOULD read, "25% off of all the crap nobody buys anyway"!! Anyone else deal with this?? Just out of principle, First Lite, here I come..

They could have done better in their sale explanation, saying "In Stock only, while supplies last" or something. They changed the wording on the checkout page to state that backorder items were not included in sale, but it didn't even start out saying that. I wanted an Icon Pro, all sold out in my desired specs, ended up getting an Ultra 6000 in Vias because the pricing was just too good to pass up.

• Like 1

The sale flier stated it was on in stock items. When the sale started Friday morning they were fully stocked. But they are a small company and the newest gotta brand so of course they sold out fast.

• Like 2

I read their email and it lured me in there. I put 15 different things in my cart and only 1 was in stock. I didn't buy anything. Guess it's easy to offer such great deals when you don't have any stock to sell.

Looks like they are always struggling with inventory issues or conning sportsmen into paying them to do their beta testing. " we just tried some new stuff this year. How bout you guys pay full price and show us all the defects so we can try again next year." What gen packs are they on now? I guess I'll give em a couple years to get their stuff straight.

I'll hand it to them though. Seems guys line up to dress in full kuiu camo from head to gloves to neck gaiter to pack. Their marketing is on point.

I'd like to know where all these high speed fabrics they talk up are sewn. Havent seen them mention that part.

Did not know that.

I was really interested in some of their Merino base layer stuff as I have heard good things. Just checked back on their site and the 210 zip T that I wanted before is back in stock now??? Still no luck on the bottoms.

Did not know that.

I was really interested in some of their Merino base layer stuff as I have heard good things. Just checked back on their site and the 210 zip T that I wanted before is back in stock now??? Still no luck on the bottoms.

I would almost bet that if you called them and let them know, they would still give you the 25% off.

KUIU Nuyarn - merino - comes from New Zeland.

It's the most comfortable merino on the market. I've tried them all.

Oh and the guide jacket brings In bobcats.

Az

post-898-0-28760500-1416866930_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I read their email and it lured me in there. I put 15 different things in my cart and only 1 was in stock. I didn't buy anything. Guess it's easy to offer such great deals when you don't have any stock to sell.

Looks like they are always struggling with inventory issues or conning sportsmen into paying them to do their beta testing. " we just tried some new stuff this year. How bout you guys pay full price and show us all the defects so we can try again next year." What gen packs are they on now? I guess I'll give em a couple years to get their stuff straight.

I'll hand it to them though. Seems guys line up to dress in full kuiu camo from head to gloves to neck gaiter to pack. Their marketing is on point.

I'd like to know where all these high speed fabrics they talk up are sewn. Havent seen them mention that part.

The materials they use are very good and I have been using their stuff since they started. The owner was one of the originla Sitka partners so he really know what he is doing regarding quality products. For us AZ guys their warm weather pants are the best I have tried.

I do have a few gripes though. Yes they seem to have stocking problems, but my biggest issue was that the model was to cut costs so the price points were far better than Sitka and some of the other premium brands. I don't really see the savings or I would have twice as much of their gear. With some of the new options on some close to comparable products the price points are much better. Even Under Armour is generally less and I can try it on and return it at the store.