Sign in to follow this  
goinhuntn

Results are up

We got drawn for our second choice in javelina but yet their are extra tags for our first choice!!!!!! I first thought I must have miss ordered our hunt choices when putting in for the draw but in checking my receipt I had the hunt numbers in the correct order. How does one get their second choice when there are extra tags still? The rest of our hunting party all got our first choice. I'll try to call G&F today to see why this happened and if any way to get our first choice.

If there are leftovers for your first choice you can have two javelina tags a year so grab another! That is really weird though! Good luck

We got drawn for our second choice in javelina but yet their are extra tags for our first choice!!!!!! I first thought I must have miss ordered our hunt choices when putting in for the draw but in checking my receipt I had the hunt numbers in the correct order. How does one get their second choice when there are extra tags still? The rest of our hunting party all got our first choice. I'll try to call G&F today to see why this happened and if any way to get our first choice.

More than likely this happened in the 20% pass of the draw. You didn't have a low enough random number for your first choice so you got your 2nd choice. The draw then moved on to part two and all the tags in your first choice didn't go so draw moved on to part three same thing so now there are leftovers.

This happen to me too. Would I have been better off only putting in for my 1st choice...and leaving the 2nd choice blank?

If there are leftovers for your first choice you can have two javelina tags a year so grab another! That is really weird though! Good luck

You can only take 1 Javelina per hunt # .... So if wanting to take a second using leftover tags they would have to be a different hunt # ... Just in case anyone was confused

24a ham!

Nothing for me or my daughter, but no big deal. We have had a great year so far in 2014, and hoping to add an elk this month.

We (I) also have high hopes for antelope and elk next year, with maybe a deer tag thrown in.

This happen to me too. Would I have been better off only putting in for my 1st choice...and leaving the 2nd choice blank?

See my explanation in the other post where you talked about this (if CWT's server allowed me to copy and paste the text, I would). Basically, it is as was described above, you drew your second choice in the bonus pass. Next year, if you are applying for a hunt that is so easy to draw for your first choice anyways, then just leave the second choice blank. Or, you could list the same hunt for your first and second choice and put your true second choice as the third choice. Problem solved.

You can only take 1 Javelina per hunt # .... So if wanting to take a second using leftover tags they would have to be a different hunt # ... Just in case anyone was confused

Correct, I didn't know that until I tried to purchase the same tag last year. Good clarification

I am going to pick me up a leftover for 36B. I want to try to put one down with stick & string first! :D :D :D

More than likely this happened in the 20% pass of the draw. You didn't have a low enough random number for your first choice so you got your 2nd choice. The draw then moved on to part two and all the tags in your first choice didn't go so draw moved on to part three same thing so now there are leftovers.

This is why if I want a certain hunt I put it down for my first AND second choice. example

1st choice 5088 archery only javelina 24a

2nd choice 5088 archery only javelina 24a

3rd choice 5061 ham javelina 24a

4th choice 5062 ham javelina 24b

I have done this for a few years now and seem to always get 1st or 2nd choice.

Put it this way I got drawn for 24A turkey in 2012 and again for 2014 and only had 3 bps and there are only 2 tags for the first hunt.