Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander79

24b success ? Anybody?

Just wondering if anybody filled a tag in this past 24b mulie rifle season.The only buck I saw was a spike with 9 doe's and fawns.

We didn't see a single mule. Looked hard but nothing. I talked to a few other guys with the same result no deer. Whitetail were looking good though.

If we don't hear any good news this would be the 3rd year in a row with real poor success with mule deer in that unit.

Thats a tough unit for muleys, at least the parts I know are. I shot one in there several years ago during the archery hunt but it was a stroke of luck that it happened to be a muley. I was just looking for any deer with antlers. They seem to be pretty few and far between. I hear rumors of people see in good ones in the very most western part of the unit, but I dont know anybody that I'd really say has them figured out in that unit. Decent coues hunt, but I'd personally look elsewhere for muleys.

Guest akaspecials

Moral of the story: there are no deer in 24b. Stop hunting it and move onto other units.

Guess I'm not the only one that had a rough hunt. I was shocked to see how low the whitetail doe's were, saw several down in the hills of saguaros and chollas. I'll be back out there in 2 weeks, those mulie bucks hopefully will start being easier to find the closer we get to the rut.

Biggest buck I chased with a bow was in 2005 January hunt was pushing 190 inch buck. Ever since then I've notice mule deer decreasing. And sadly I was busted by 3 does because I got up to 50 yards of him and couldn't get a shot set up.

I hunted pretty hard with no luck. I've seen more pigs and big horn sheep than I have ever seen in that unit. I struggled to even find mule deer does. Wont be applying for that tag anytime soon.

Not me... but....

Had a coworker quit and join the oil boom. He comes home on his off time and flexed his schedule for his hunt to be during that off weekend (it also works ou that his 2 kids have a birthday that same week so the party was the Saturday he was back). He sent me a picture of a spike he go at around 12:00. He said "took the kids to school, got here a 9, was done by 11".

I'm glad he left the state again to go back to work. ha ha ha what a jerk. His second success in 24b

A buddy of mine killed this buck on in 24b this year. 4x4

Tell you what that is the jean poll I've seen in there. They always have a good solid fork then branch off small. I chased a a fork about the size of that buck but just a forky though. It was a good looking forky I must add