Pine Donkey

The ladies got it done

Both my wife and daughter drew November Bull tags in 27. Since the fire we tend to find elk the same way we find coues...sitting behind a pair of 15's.

My wife Chrystie had a heart attack a few weeks ago so I was not even sure this hunt would happen. Last week, her cardiologist cleared her and even thought the hiking would be good for her. I don't think he had any idea of the mountains she was going to climb while carrying a pack.

Friday morning found us amongst several bulls, but things did not come together. During the midday we glassed a decent bull bedded near the top of a mountain. Laurie took off with her brother Garrett, boyfriend Charles and his dad. The climbed a peak across from the bedded bull. After some glassing, Charles spotted an antler amongst the dead trees. They set up the 7mm mag, dialed in the turrets and waited for him to stand up at 634 yards. After what seemed like forever, the bull stood up, two well placed shots and Lauries tag was filled. The rest of the day was spent quartering and packing meat. post-2989-0-50409300-1417572887_thumb.jpg

Saturday found us glassing a high ridge that held a lot of mature bulls. At about noon Chrystie and Garrett headed up the ridge trying to get above a group of five Bulls that included a nice 6 point and a real stud of a bull. Two hours, and 800 vertical feet later, they were standing above the bulls as they fed across the ridge. The big bull was not visible so when this bull stepped into the open, Chrystie put two .270 bullets into his boiler room. The pack out was a rough one, but thanks to the help of several friends we were done by 8:00.

post-2989-0-50059100-1417573394_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Awesome bulls by two awesome ladies. Love seeing the fairer sex out there in the woods getting it done.

Here are two great late Bulls Congrats Ladies.

congrats to the Tombstone Camo Chic Mafia! glad to see them put some smack down on some great bulls.

Congratulations to the ladies getting it done in a big way! Happy your wife made it through the heart attack and was still able to make the most of the tag. You guys know how to put the smack down on the critters for sure!

Couple of awesome bulls!

Those Dotsons were meat packing machines on this hunt. Both bulls were pretty tough pack outs, I was very glad to have there help. We had a great time while hunting and celebrating the kills!