Sign in to follow this  
Becker

Lifetime of waiting!!!

I'm not sure how many years he had waited but my buddy Jason's grandpa finally drew a rocky tag this year! We were excited but worried at the same time. Pushing the 80 mark in age and not in good health it was sure going to be a challenge. We scouted hard but knew we were VERY limited in being able to get Jim close enough to shoot. We found one big group of sheep early on in our scouting efforts but they needed to move a few drainages to the west for us to even have a chance. Sunday, before the opener we got lucky and they did just what we needed. After a quick long distance confirmation Monday morning that the sheep were still in the right spot, the game was one. I am sure if someone would have been watching us they would have been scratching their heads. Portable shooting tables, lead sleds, you name it we had it to get the job done. Luck was certainly on our side and Jim was able to harvest his ram on opening morning. Obviously we couldn't get him up to his sheep but he was happy none the less! Thought you guys would enjoy seeing a happy old timer still getting it done!

post-553-0-21963900-1417649563_thumb.jpg

• Like 25

WOW great job guys

• Like 1

That is to cool! Congrats to the hunter.

That is awesome! Great of you guy to work so hard to help grandpa have such a great experience. The circle of hunting, they teach us and help us in our youth and we get to return the favor in thier golden years.