Sign in to follow this  
willhunt4coues

Big deadhead

With 2 tags left me and my dad were glassing for a 110" buck we have seen. While I was glassing I noticed movement out of the corner of my eye. As I looked up I seen the 110" buck at only 5 yards away. Got to love how you are glassing so hard that you don't even need binos. Well after he bolted my dad followed and I watched the hill to see if he would run up. After 2 hours of no sign of him I decide to pound the mountain by foot. On my way back I see antlers under a tree at about 150 yards and thought it was him but realized they were too close to the ground. A quick confirmation through the binos I see pink and white and knew it was a deadhead and a great one. This is more of an accomplishment than shooting one. Finding one this big does not happen especially to me.

post-2094-0-71051100-1417820925_thumb.jpg

post-2094-0-47637500-1417821035_thumb.jpg

post-2094-0-50319700-1417821133_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Dang! Hes got it all, congrats, "does not happen especially to me" agreed, thx for sharing.

DAN

Great find. I been married 34 years and still haven't found a big rack!..........BOB!

Great find. I been married 34 years and still haven't found a big rack!..........BOB!

Thats funny. I'll keep it with that.