Sign in to follow this  
codyhuntsaz

OnXMaps for Garmin Rino

Has anyone used these in their Garmin rinos? Thinking about getting one for my dad for Christmas. They sell them at Sportsmans Warehouse and they seem to be pretty popular. Let me know the pros and cons if you've used them. Thanks guys!

I have used them in a etrex 20 for about 6 years. I was introduced to the maps by a NMDGF regional supervisor. A public land ranch I had drawn a antelope tag on was riddled with private and indian owned property that I was not allowed to hunt. It was a mine field. He suggested I try a trial offer that was available at the time for my hunt and assured me I would purchase the product based on it's performance. He was correct. Having your GPS screen color coded to indicate land ownership is very useful. The color key is the same used by BLM & USFS maps. Being able to see contour lines on your screen when you zoom in is also handy. I have it running on 2 units, my hunting partner and father have also started using it and like it. I have not experienced a con yet. I have not used a rino, but I expect the software should work fine on it also.