Sign in to follow this  
levers

Vortex Vultures 15x56 HD's

Hello, I do. I was checking them out yesterday. I wouldnt recommend this model, if you have the extra dollars I would go with the Kaibab if you like the Vortex line. What are you comparing them to? I literally took various high end binos and did a side by side comparision. Here is what I came up with. The 5 binos that I tested were all 15's. Vortex Vulture and Kaibab, Cabelas Euro, Zeiss Conquest and Swaros. The winners were Swaros and Zeiss, they were very close. Next up was the Vortex Kaibab and Cabelas Euro line and last the Vortex Vulture. Good luck, hope this helps.

Elkiny

• Like 1

I own the vultures and I think they are great!! I did a lot of researching on the 15x56. The swaros are without a doubt the best,but I couldn't afford them!

I compared them side by side with the kaibabs, and for me the vultures were better. They fit my eyes better, and focused better IMO. Bottom line for me was

I purchased what worked for me not what someone else recommended, and what was in my budget!! I do not regret the vultures one bit, and have used them several times for long glassing sessions. You can't beat Vortex warranty and the vultures are great for a guy who doesn't want to take out a loan to by binos!! Everyones eyes are different get what works best for you!!! Just my 2 cents.

I finally got to take my Vultures out that I have had snice April and put them to good use. I am really happy and got what I expected. Most of the view is crystal clear and the edges losee some of the sharpness. For what I paid for these I think it is a good product. I glasses an old spot I normally use my 10x42's at and it was a huge difference. Where I used to see deer and wonder if it was a buck I could easily tell it was not. Went out today to 21 and saw 10 does, a coyote but no bucks. Can't wait for the 1st to put them to use for a week.

I glassed the buck I shot this year about 1 1/2 miles away with my Vulture 15s. Like bigj23 said, it loses sharpness on edges but the rest is great. For paying about 1/6th the price of the others, they are well worth it!! I cant justify for myself spending $2500 on a pair of optics I might use once or twice a year or not at all if I dont get drawn, only to shoot small or average deer and elk. If I was gettting paid to hunt, that would be a different story. Theyre good quality glass.

• Like 2

Whats the cheapest You can find Kiababs for? 15's. Just curious...........BOB!

Whats the cheapest You can find Kiababs for? 15's. Just curious...........BOB!

New have seen them for 1099 but there are better deals out there than that if you know the right person...

Thanks. Iv'e had Minox 15's for bout 10 years. Was wondering if Babs were much better. ............BOB!

If they are the 15x58 minox i think they are pretty similar, kaibabs are definitely not any better. I have had both and also swaro 15's and 12's. The minox 58 and kaibabs are about equal and swaro 15's slightly better but not by much.

• Like 1