jgraffaz

how hard would it be to get a suppressor?

I just bought a 45acp 1911 and was wondering how hard / how much it would cost for a suppressor? Any one know

$200.00 tax stamp

1-3 months on the wait for the stamp if you file electronically

Purchasing the Can if its in stock.

It is a lot faster now then when I got mine, I had to wait 6 months to get the can from the manufacture, then I mailed my paperwork in which took another 8-9 months. You could literally have a can in less than 30 days if everything is in order, can is in stock, electrically file, credit card etc.

My SBR stamp took 32 days. That was with a trust though. Stamp is always $200.

Without a trust you are looking at waiting on the local head law enforcement officer to sign off that you are good to go. I have heard of this taking months alone, and some will not sign.

Price is anywhere from $300-1200 for a suppressor. Trust is anywhere from $40-infinity if you keep a lawyer on retainer. I had my trust done by az gun trust lawyer. Had it in 10 minutes. No it isn't the cheapest, but Trent will answer any questions and he helps put on the suppressor/full auto demo shoots.

Call Mr. Silencer he is in AZ and very easy to deal with. The stamps really depend mine took forever last year because so many people were in a hurry to get them.

• Like 1

I second Mr. Silencer. You can find his site with a quick Google search.

I just bought one from him last month as my hearing is not getting any better regardless of ear protection. He simplifies the process for you. He refers you to a website to get the trust completed online ($200). Once completed and notarized by you and your designee then you see him (Mesa), buy the suppressor along with the stamp. Hopefully I will take actual ownership in March or April. Basically you are looking at $400 in fees in excess of the cost of the suppressor. Getting the Trust notarized was my probably my most difficult hurdle.

• Like 1

I just bought one from him last month as my hearing is not getting any better regardless of ear protection. He simplifies the process for you. He refers you to a website to get the trust completed online ($200). Once completed and notarized by you and your designee then you see him (Mesa), buy the suppressor along with the stamp. Hopefully I will take actual ownership in March or April. Basically you are looking at $400 in fees in excess of the cost of the suppressor. Getting the Trust notarized was my probably my most difficult hurdle.

Sounds like he sends you to AZ Gun Trust Lawyer.

I had an easy time with the notary. I had difficulty setting up the bank account for the trust. Both bank employees I spoke with were like "oh no trust"... then the trust was looked over by the bank legal department and deemed acceptable. Mind you I did go to Phoenix for the banking endeavor, as I don't trust the bankers in the wood to do more than hand me cash.

Sounds like he sends you to AZ Gun Trust Lawyer.

I had an easy time with the notary. I had difficulty setting up the bank account for the trust. Both bank employees I spoke with were like "oh no trust"... then the trust was looked over by the bank legal department and deemed acceptable. Mind you I did go to Phoenix for the banking endeavor, as I don't trust the bankers in the wood to do more than hand me cash.

Not necessary. I am the trustee, so as long as I sign "My name, trustee" on the check to the BATFE they cash it and everyone is happy.

I'm in the process of transferring a .22 can from Silencer Shop to a dealer in town. It's a very easy process as I literally bought a can online. All I had to do was send them a copy of my trust, pay my tax, and wait.

This is the first I've ever heard about buying one. Just seems a little silly upon first read that its harder to buy a SILENCER than it is to buy the actual FIREARM.

• Like 1

I can help folks with suppressor info or demos that are down south near Sierra Vista.

And yes, 5guys, you need a few years... Or perhaps a dad that's into hearing conservation.

This is the first I've ever heard about buying one. Just seems a little silly upon first read that its harder to buy a SILENCER than it is to buy the actual FIREARM.

Just a little silly is an understatement!