Unit 1 November Bull. I didn't expect to draw a tag with 4 bonus points and this caught me by surprise. Now I have to do some figuring on what to do now and make a plan.

Just found out a couple guys one drew 11M archery lope, one drew 7E rifle bull and the other drew 9 early rifle bull. Lucky terds!

Unit 9 early rifle bull is a once in a lifetime hunt... you shouldn't leave that w/ less than a 400 class bull.

Unit 9 early rifle bull is a once in a lifetime hunt... you shouldn't leave that w/ less than a 400 class bull.

Indeed the early rifle tag is a top notch tag, but a 400 class no less is very very tough standards! Especially on a drought year! :unsure:

Indeed the early rifle tag is a top notch tag, but a 400 class no less is very very tough standards! Especially on a drought year! :unsure:

Drought Year???? Isn't that a bit dramatic..... :huh:

First off, they say that the second year after a wet (or normal) year is better than the first..... that would be this growing season....... Second, we get got some decent moisture and are now in the process of getting more. The bulls are very fat and healthy..... and green-ups are showing up all over the place. This is going to be a good year for the bulls as long as we don't dry up and blow away between now and August..... ;)

However, as far as I know 400 inchers are hiding behind every tree in the woods, with as many guys like to drop that # when talkin' about bulls they have seen.... :rolleyes:

There is a formula I think that we can use to defuse the the over whelming sightings of 400" bulls...........................................................................

The "perceived" score of the bull.... in this case, 400" divided by 2, then subtract 50, and multiply by 2.45 and you are probably closer to what the bull Really Scores!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

;)

:lol: :lol:

Another year passes with out a tag. Looks like over counter archery this year. Room mate pulled a archery elk 6B tag for second year in a row, Boss got archery elk 6AW tag(5 BPTS), Co-Worker pulled a 6B Cow tag (0 BPTS and first time hunter) and my drinking partner pulled a archery elk 6AW tag for the second year in a row. Looks like there could be a lot of elk meat aroud this fall. Good luck to everyone else. :angry: :P :P

Another year passes with out a tag. Looks like over counter archery this year. Room mate pulled a archery elk 6B tag for second year in a row, Boss got archery elk 6AW tag(5 BPTS), Co-Worker pulled a 6B Cow tag (0 BPTS and first time hunter) and my drinking partner pulled a archery elk 6AW tag for the second year in a row. Looks like there could be a lot of elk meat aroud this fall. Good luck to everyone else. :angry: :P :P

I think I would tag along with your drinking partner. :P

In watching the weather radar, seems north of Flag into unit 9 has been shortchanged this winter. Most of the precip this winter has been falling southeast of Flag along the rim. Noticed that yesterday the Grand Canyon reported 0.96" of precip. That's good. Flag airport got about 0.4" the last 3 days.

Doug~RR

i talked a buddy of mine who is not much of a hunter at all into puting in for elk telling him that if he got drawn i'd take him....bad move... he got a unit 19A late bull tag..probably the only unit in Arizona that i am not at all familliar with... so if anyone has ANY info at all on where i might find elk shoot me a PM i'd really appreciate it... maybe even swap for some info on a different unit?? i know where 19A is and have archery deer hunted there a tiny bit but that's about it...thanks for the help....

My bro and I drew archery goat tags for 10/18A/18B- oughta be a blast. I had about a dozen bonus points- this will be my first op at flinging arrows. Got skunked on elk tags. Good luck to all who drew.

Trufletch

5a Archery bull, and 3b North archery lope. 7 points each.

But missed the most important tag. Being the jr. elk. for daughter #2.

With any luck she will draw a deer tag.

If the Engineer off of TFD engine 7 is seeing this please PM me.

No Elk or Antelope for me either.Was drawn for Bull in 8 back in 2003 so I figure its going to be awhile for me to get drawn for Elk again. Our group did fairly well this year though. 4 guys drew unit 8 rifle bull tags, 2 guys drew 22N rifle bull tags, and 1 guy has a 10 Antelope tag. Congratulations to all who got drawn! Now lets look forward to the next draw this summer!

I didn't say I was going to KILL 2 elk this year- only hunt twice. I can legally have 2 elk tags under this scenario and IF I don't fill the first tag, I can continue hunting on the later hunt.

My son killed 2 elk in Unit 10- legally as he shot and killed a 340" 6x6 that had apparently already been wounded in the flank by another hunter. We tracked it down and finished it off after he whacked it at 300 yds. The other hunter met up with us and explained that he had hit it earlier. I called my buddies on our radio and asked them if they had seen blood on the bull before my son shot. They said it looked like it did.

We had already taken photos and the whole works. We allowed the other hunter to tag it in the spirit of first blood doctrine- either boy could have legally tagged that bull.

We went back to work with the 15s and found another. We made a 1 mile stalk to a tank and this time he didn't have to share the glory with anyone! That is how you kill 2 bulls in one day- legally!

I am hoping to kill on my first hunt and donate my other tag to Hunt of a Lifetime.

Dennis

:rolleyes: Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee :P

I drew Archery Bull Elk UNIT 9

Son #1 Rifle Bull Elk Unit 7E

Son #2 Rifle Bull Elk Unit 7W

I'm going Huntn'

Life is GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Ilene

:rolleyes: Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee :P

I drew Archery Bull Elk UNIT 9

Son #1 Rifle Bull Elk Unit 7E

Son #2 Rifle Bull Elk Unit 7W