Sign in to follow this  
Jay Scott

Climbing Arrow Ranch Elk Hunt 2014 with Jason Hairston of KUIU

I had the pleasure of tagging along with KUIU President Jason Hairston on his archery elk hunt in Montana this September.  This is the professionally edited version of our hunt.  I brought my video camera and filmed most of the hunt.  Great time with Jason and guides Jack Anderson and Cody Wetmore.  The credits list me as a guide although I was just there as a friend and video guy.  The laughs on this hunt were plentiful. 

View the full article

• Like 1

Some of the best footage I've seen. Congrats

Absolutely awesome Jay. As others have said - some of the best footage I've seen, especially the close encounters. Looks like a trip of a lifetime, capped off by a gorgeous bull. Neat that you guys had a brief encounter with him before. Really really enjoyed that, thanks for sharing.

Wonderful video Jay and some awesome bulls. From someone who has only had the chance to shoot 2 spikes I don't know if I could have the patients to pass some of those. I hope this year I will find out. I have an elk tag in a good area. Thanks again for sharing a great hunt.

Great video. Two thumbs up.

I was surprised to see the elk hit on the right when the footage showed him walking left. But then again the footage never actually captured the shot and bull. Not claiming anything just something that surprised me when I saw the arrow.

Sign in to follow this