coues29

30b december coues

New to forum just thought I'd post my late Dec coues he's my biggest buck to date hunted hard had a great time saw lots of deer shot him yesterday at 10:30 240yrds he scored 107 2/8

• Like 4

That's beautiful! Congrats

coues29 is the man! He didn't write up the whole story but just to show you what kind of guy he is, I'll hit the high notes. He was hunting with my dad, when he glassed this buck up, and he knew what a stud it was especially in a tough unit. They move into position, and he gives my dad his rifle and volunteers to be the spotter so my dad could be the shooter. Well the buck is looking right at them, knows they are there and is getting ready to head out, and my dad can't find him in the rifle scope! Before the buck can leave the country my dad rolls off the rifle and tells Sean to shoot him, so they trade positions and Sean gives the buck a dirt nap! The fact that he was willing to let my dad take the shot on a buck that he spotted, while knowing the buck would easily beat his personal best is just freaking awesome!

• Like 3

Don't see bucks like that come out of that unit very often. Congrats on a stud. Kind of equivalent to shooting a much bigger deer in a unit known for better genetics. Sweet.