Sign in to follow this  
DesertBull

squeaky backpack shoulder straps

I have a new pack and the shoulder straps are very squeaky when I walk with it. I have tried to adjust the tension in the all the straps but its no help. Its not the buckles or any plastic on metal rubbing, etc. It's the actual stitching in the straps.

I can feel the tension and squeaking on the straps if I place my hands on them while walking.

I was hoping it would loosen up as I used it more and more but it does not seem to be getting any better.

Any suggestions?

Good topic. I can't think of many things that are more irritating than a noisy pack. Never thought about saddle soap, I'll have to stop at the tack store.

More irritating would be a squeaky tree stand, that was not squeaky when you put it up, and is now that you want to sit it at prime time!

For the pack try non scented powder- like the kind used to read the wind when bow hunting

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat. I washed the blood out of my Eberlestock after elk season and now it's squeaky toward the top where the internal frame contacts the pack. I haven't messed with it but I need to try something

Boot wax works

It might be where the fabric rubs against the frame. When my Eberlestock X2 was squeaking, Azmetalman told me to wrap some of that white, clothy medical tape (like the kind of tape use to tape one finger to another when you sprain one pretty good) around the frame where the fabric met the frame. That worked for me. Maybe Outdoorsmans has a fix for that. Squeaky packs sure are annoying.

Hard part is finding where the squeak is coming from. I've had that from time to time and can only hear it when I'm wearing it. It's almost like that noise from under your truck that only happens when you drive it. You pretty much need to be under it while it's moving to find out where it's coming from.