Sign in to follow this  
DesertBull

squeaky backpack shoulder straps

Try silicone spray. I had an external aluminum frame pack and had to tape the pins in place where the straps attached. I don't know if tape is an option for you. Lets us know what works.

• Like 1

I have one of those Alaskan pack frames for packing out animals, that I strap my day pack to if I plan to go on a long hike. Squeaks at all the grommet/pin spots. I used some silicone spray, which helps for awhile, but then it wears off.

I am thinking about returning it.

Not as well made or well thought out as my old eberlestock but hauls more meat and is lighter.

I thought these packs were "made by hunters, for hunters"?

OK, I bought some silicone spray and saturated the shoulder straps and where the webbing rubs the frame and it was much better this morning while pig hunting. Still some squeaks but I think I have them narrowed down.

I think I will spray it again and hang it by the straps overnight with some weights in the pack and see if that doesn't help with the tight stitching, which seems to be the only noisy spots remaining.

On 12/30/2014 at 4:30 PM, DesertBull said:

OK, I bought some silicone spray and saturated the shoulder straps and where the webbing rubs the frame and it was much better this morning while pig hunting. Still some squeaks but I think I have them narrowed down.

I think I will spray it again and hang it by the straps overnight with some weights in the pack and see if that doesn't help with the tight stitching, which seems to be the only noisy spots remaining.

Bringing up an old post but I'm having the same issue with my Outdoorsmans Optic Pack.  Did this silicone spray end up as a good long lasting fix or what was your end result?

On 12/27/2014 at 10:30 AM, oz31p said:

I'm in the same boat. I washed the blood out of my Eberlestock after elk season and now it's squeaky toward the top where the internal frame contacts the pack. I haven't messed with it but I need to try something

Blood on your pack? You fall down, cut? Hope you're ok, buddy. Lol

53 minutes ago, Edge said:

Blood on your pack? You fall down, cut? Hope you're ok, buddy. Lol

Nope that was elk blood , 5 years/3bulls ago 🤪My Kifaru frames don’t squeak at all, especially when bloody