Sign in to follow this  
218buck

DREAM SEASON FOR 13 YEAR OLD

My daughter had a year that would make most people envious. we went on 7 hunts were she was able to harvest 5 big game animals over the course of the year the only thing she wasn't successful on was a spring turkey and a elk on our late muzzle loader elk hunt in 3b. She refused to shoot anything that wasn't a mature bull. We did see a lot of small bulls but she stuck to her guns. The year started out with her harvesting a javelina at 10 yards I was able to call a couple of them in. This was very exciting for both of us. Next came a buffalo from the Raymond Ranch herd ,I had drawn a tag for a yearling bull and signed over to her. This should have been a slam dunk but some how my turrets had moved on my scope and she made a non vital hit on the bull. So we spent the rest of day chasing a wounded buffalo all over that place. Finally around dark she was able to finish it off. She will never let me forget this lesson learned. She drew a unit 7 antelope tag and was able to make a 420 yard shot to harvest her first antelope. After not drawing a deer tag we both applied for the left over tags she was not successful but I drew a 36b tag that I signed over to her. Before this hunt a good friend of ours invited us to Idaho to hunt on her dads ranch. She was able to harvest a nice whitetail first morning at 250 yards. We saw over 100 deer it was amazing hoping to get invited back. With all of these hunts she was missing a lot of school, so for the coues hunt we only had 2 days to hunt. She was able to take a nice 3x3 at 350 yards right in its bed it was a great shot. The time we spend in the outdoors together is priceless I would have never believed I could get more enjoyment from some one else harvesting a animal instead of me. The good Lord has blessed me more than I could possibly deserve, Tessa is an amazing young lady and is turning out to be a great outdoors lady as well I cant wait to see what this year holds in store for us pigs in 20b-21 in a few weeks and turkey in 19a and ?

post-7688-0-09474800-1419739528_thumb.jpg

post-7688-0-53894200-1419739544_thumb.jpg

post-7688-0-64277800-1419739590_thumb.jpg

post-7688-0-58325800-1419739633_thumb.jpg

post-7688-0-26495700-1419739648_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Man - that is absolutely awesome. What a great season for this young lady, and what a great job you did helping her make the best of some great tags. Huge kudos to you both.

• Like 1

She needs to start practicing calling on open and closed reed calls so she can add a bear to her portfolio this fall! Congratulations little miss!

Heck of a year! Congrats to the young lady.