When you have a camera placed in a good spot for an extended time and you check it regularly and just before the January hunt starts you set up a stand. And then two days before the hunt you go in to check it one more time and find someone else has placed a camera two trees over from yours and has set there own stand, WHAT DO YOU DO??

I know that it is public land and I do not have a right to claim this spot as my own but I have never intentonally moved in on top of someone else.

You need to take the time and find your own spot. I will be in my stand opening morning and if the looser that blocks my camera while they set up their own is also there then I say too dang (#$@#@%) bad because neither one of us will be getting a deer from that spot this year.

PS I have placed other cameras along the trail hoping to get your picture good luck on finding and blocking all of them. I will post pictures when I get them.

• Like 2

Again???

Good news he set up his own stuff and didn't take yours. Glad I don't have the patience to sit in one place, saves me these headaches.

Forgot to mention first come on the day of the hunt gets the spot for the day. You will get all sorts of answers...

• Like 2

Just get there before him... even if that means 3am. And if he comes in, sees you and still climbs into his stand... well you guys can just stare at each other all morning. Just shoot the big buck before he does. Lol.

• Like 1

When I scout I look for water sources on maps and spend lots of time locating different ones. Some that I find may have a camera or not. To avoid problems I follow every game trail leading to the source. Then I find locations for cameras and try to set them up several hundred yards away from the source.

I dont know if your setup is on water or salt, but you can always expect a problem on water. Good luck.

Thats actually one of the major draw backs of trail cams, they're such an obvious give away. Like putting up a big sign that says 'lots of deer here'.

I typically try to take mine down a little before season starts as most people dont scout that early or not at all.

Guest akaspecials

He has every right to hunt there. He set up his own stuff too; first come first served. You don't own the waterhole, that could have been his honey hole from the 1950s and he's just now hunting it again. Nothing to her worked up over, just have a plan B, and C, and D.

Did he cover your cameras up? It's not super clear in your original post. If he did that, that's a whole nother story and deal....

Cams suck, quads suck, utvs suck, blinds suck, abundant access with roads sucks, crappy dumping ground shooting areas suck, stupid unethical people suck, anyone want to add some more???

• Like 2

Cams suck, quads suck, utvs suck, blinds suck, abundant access with roads sucks, crappy dumping ground shooting areas suck, stupid unethical people suck, anyone want to add some more???

Complainers suck

• Like 3

Baiting sucks, game and fish sucks, AZLance sucks...!

What did I do to get this honor???

• Like 7

Baiting sucks, game and fish sucks, AZLance sucks...!

What did I do to get this honor???

LOL

This cam is not on water and yes it was blocked while the other camera placed. As stated earlier I would not set up on another persons spot but find my own. When I find a can I will step in front of it and give a thumbs up or a big wafe before moving on. It is public land so when I sit in front of this guy he can't do anything. Just keep in mind that if you don't want it done to you don't do it to someone else.

• Like 1