Sign in to follow this  
DUG

Anyone hunting 37B tomorrow? UPDATE: Pig down!

I went back out to 37B for the 3rd time. The weather was perfect and just had a good feeling about seeing some pigs. My brother went with me for an extra set of eyes. About 9 I finally found some pigs crossing an old road about 800 yards out. Almost an hour later we were on the hill where we last saw them. I kept walking and finally found them in a high saddle. (imagine that, pigs in a high saddle!). We had already walked in over a mile when we found them and I decided to go after them in that high saddle. I just got to the top and they busted out in all directions. I chirped on my elk call to try to get some to come back. (lost my J13) I was looking to the left for one and then looked right and below me was a pig. I didn't range her and drew my bow as I turned in her direction. I guessed 40 yards and put my 30 yard pin on her since she was well below me. I touched the release and could not see the arrow fly but the pig bucked and took off. I saw the arrow sticking out of her and knew the shot was good. I waited for my brother and then we found her about 50 yards around the hill. There was not a blood trail at all. We did a MYRide GPS app. on my brothers phone for the walk back to the FJ. We were 1.9 miles from where we parked and it took us 59 minutes to get back.

get-attachmentaspx_zpsb31a1d54.jpeg

• Like 1

I'll be down off 96 trying to find a herd in the flats. The wind has been horrible lately and i'm hoping the herd moves back into there wash after being spooked opening week. I'll be in a very muddy white dodge with a bunch of stickers on the back. Good luck!

How was it down there today? gonna try my luck tomorrow for deer and make sure my pig honey hole is still secure for the ham hunt

I didn't see anything. I think the herd crossed the road into 37a and haven't came back over yet. I have only seen two does so far this season. 37b is kicking my butt so tomorrow I am heading down to 33 to try my luck.

Wind was howling where I was at. I saw 3 WT does and no pigs. Again, I suck at glassing. I'm pretty sure there were some out there.

I'll be down off 96 trying to find a herd in the flats. The wind has been horrible lately and i'm hoping the herd moves back into there wash after being spooked opening week. I'll be in a very muddy white dodge with a bunch of stickers on the back. Good luck!

it was muddy bish out there january 1

• Like 1

Gonna be in 37b tomorrow looking for piggies and deer!

Nice looking country. Congrats. Desert looks nice and green this year..........BOB!