Sign in to follow this  
rschaumb

Post your pics with scores

I'd like to get better at judging coues antlers. I think a great way of doing that would be for everyone to post a picture of your bucks along with their scores.

post-6185-0-94654300-1420763044_thumb.jpg

I measured this at 92-93 gross. A friend of mine who has measured many more deer got 95-96 gross.

So let's see what you've got. Size doesn't matter as long as you scored it. Thanks

I'll have to wait till next year but, congrats on the nice buck

You also might find it helpful to go to the main coueswhitetail page and look over the photos in the photo gallery. On the right hand side of the main page the page, there are tags with scores....like 100-110 and when you click on it it will pull up photos of bucks in that score range.

www.coueswhitetail.com

• Like 3

post-12992-0-89942000-1421889644_thumb.jpg

From left to right. 130 class muley. 97 7/8 Coues, 96 1/8 Coues, and 98 3/8 Coues.

So you can see that it's difficult to judge any deer just by looking at the antlers. To me these three Bucks look totally different. Just looking at them I wouldn't have guessed that they were within three inches of each other.

• Like 3

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

From left to right. 130 class muley. 97 7/8 Coues, 96 1/8 Coues, and 98 3/8 Coues.

So you can see that it's difficult to judge any deer just by looking at the antlers. To me these three Bucks look totally different. Just looking at them I wouldn't have guessed that they were within three inches of each other.

And that is exactly why I use the patented matt stevens simplified field judging method: little guy, nice one, big-in, and toad. Easy to remember and no way the guy doing the judging can ever be wrong.

Buck on the left 103 and change! Buck on the right at 97! Guessed the buck on the left at mid 90s before he was killed! Was pleasantly surprised! Hard to tell there is a 6 inch difference between the two until your really start looking close!

post-3168-0-72605000-1421971665_thumb.jpg

post-3168-0-98151600-1421971694_thumb.jpg

Yeah I can see how it is difficult to judge Coues. From looking at a lot of these photos, now I'm not sure if I've even seen a 100" buck before. Definitely some 90's. Guess I just have to get them on the ground to know for sure.

Buck on the left 103 and change! Buck on the right at 97! Guessed the buck on the left at mid 90s before he was killed! Was pleasantly surprised! Hard to tell there is a 6 inch difference between the two until your really start looking close!

The eye guards on the left is sweet looking!!!!

• Like 1