DesertBull

Wolverine in California

Wolverine supposedly found in California. Another "wolf" tactic to shut down public land is my first thought.

Wolverine supposedly found in California. Another "wolf" tactic to shut down public land is my first thought.

the tree huggers should pet them they are so cute

the tree huggers should pet them they are so cute

Agreed. Rub their belly. I'm told they really like that.

Pretty sure that one of them tried petting it before it was released.

My first thought is 'i hope they have a taste for liberals'

• Like 2

Recent wolverine studies using animals fitted with GPS collars have demonstrated that some individuals are great travelers. One, tagged in Yellowstone/Grand Teton wandered as far west as Boise, ID, crossing Interstate 90 several times and venturing south into Utah to the Cache Valley. Having one turn up in the northern Sierras in California, especially during the winter, wouldn't surprise me a bit.

• Like 1

It's ok guys, I called Liam neeson.

He'll fight them off bare handed just like in "the grey"

• Like 1

They should release 2 dozen pairs in down town San Fransico for a feasibility study.

• Like 1

Kind of a weird coincidence, but I was visiting with some old friends in Las Cruces today while I was there attending an outdoor show. They have a cousin who lives up in Coal Creek near Golden, Colorado in the foothills just west of Denver. The cousin had sent them pictures of a wolverine taken by a game camera on a neighbor's place. Apparently, the wolverine has been hanging around for a week or so, showing up on the game camera every day or two. That is nearly all the way down close to the bottom of the list of places that I would expect to find a wolverine in Colorado, but it sort of reinforces the point I made in my post above about some wolverines being great travelers.