218buck

PANTS VERSUS CAT CLAW

learn how to walk thru it... If you get caught turn / roll towards the bush. Plus if the bush is small enough, go right over the center instead of skirting it.

• Like 2

+1 on The BDU's. I have worn them for years and they hold up better than any of the fancy camo I have purchased. You will not win any camo fashion awards, but they work. From all the responses it looks like Carharrt is really good, but I have not tried them. Not mentioned, but something I have been considering are Tin Pants from Filson. Pricey, but water proof too.

Yeah these high quality brand camo company never thought about testing camo in Arizona.

Camo jean or carharts works great. The nice rolling couse hills and mountains with the lush grass can be nasty. You sit down to glass and this grass out here just buries it's self into your back side unless your wearing carharts or jean camo

5.11 Tactical pants work flawlessly. I too have 1 pair of Sitka pants I use for the Javelina/Desert catclaw hunts. My other 3 pair are timberlines and never get worn into nasty country only junipers and pines.

Y'all are a bunch of sissies. A little catclaw ain't gunna hurt you.

• Like 3

A set of decent BDU pants work pretty well too. Just got some of the old army wool pants and they seem pretty tough but have no idea if they are cat claw proof. Kuiu Attack pants in my experience are not! Cabela's Microtex has held up strong going on ten plus years on my original pair. They have not faded or shrank one bit since I bought them but they have pilled a slight bit in the front of the legs. Can't beat those pants for the money.

Plus 1 for BDU pants. Relatively cheap and they stand up to catsclaw as well as anything without sacrificing too much mobility/comfort. The only reason I personally don't use carhartts in the bush anymore is they tend to be heavy and take forever to dry out. BDU's dry pretty quick.

I wore my First Lite Kanabs out this past weekend in 37b, no issue. But I didn't walk thru the thick stuff. I have a few rips in them from past hunts, so these are my dedicated desert pants. I have Kuiu for north country.

Y'all are a bunch of sissies. A little catclaw ain't gunna hurt you.

Catclaw? What's that? We don't need no stinkin' catclaw.