125coues

Taxidermist Warning

Let me start by saying Great looking bird! Sorry that you are so unsatisfied! So let me get this right. You got this mounted by Rick on gift certificate that he donated out of the kindness of his heart "it cost him money out of his pocket to have someone else do it for him". Got it back in a normal time frame. It looks great. And you are trying to hurt his business and run him down just because you did not get it fast enough!???

I have seen his work and it looked good. And to talk about him as a person. He is the type of guy that will come help a guy that he has never even talked to pack his sheep out of a nasty place at night for twelve hours and never say a cross word! If your post says anything it speaks volumes of you. Sorry I just have a tough time with people that can't see how blessed they are.

Pffft....

March 2013 to Nov 2014... and then had to send a threatening letter. 21 months to get a turkey back?... and then find out its subletted out to an unknown? and all along you thought the taxi you brought it to was mounting it? And the Lopes... uh. Wow. I'm with the original poster on this one. It would not sit right with me - I don't care how the turkey looks.

• Like 5

There was another post that I can't seem to find now that showed pics of a mount that he did an points that he was supposed to fix that I'm positive with zero taxidermy experience I could've done 10 times better maybe somebody else remembers the post I'm talking about. It was recent.

I would have you guess you're talking about page 8 in this thread.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/6645-favorite-coues-taxidermist/page-8?do=findComment&comment=525983

Yup nailed it. I just threw up a little in my mouth

There was another post that I can't seem to find now that showed pics of a mount that he did an points that he was supposed to fix that I'm positive with zero taxidermy experience I could've done 10 times better maybe somebody else remembers the post I'm talking about. It was recent.

I would have you guess you're talking about page 8 in this thread. http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/6645-favorite-coues-taxidermist/page-8?do=findComment&comment=525983

bwaaahahaha...but my mom says im a great taxidermist
  • Like 2

WalkingW you might have part of your story right about Rick. He might help someone pack out his sheep for twelve hours but then he will also take the guys money up front for the mount, lie to him for a couple years about why its not done. Unfortunately it seems that Rick has burned more then just one person out there.

Walker- the road to heck is paved with good intentions.. when you take someones money and lie about work you say is almost done or is completed, which in reality was never started & then say his dog ate it(sorry but Im still rollin on the floor about that one!) then send a freakin bogus check to PARTIALLY reimburse & that bounces??? WtH!! And he is an ambassador for the Taxidermy world in AZ??? You kiddin me!!! Too much 'incense' in that pipe he's got blazin up in Sedona. had to rant

• Like 1

For what it's worth, Wellers Wildlife Studio did my Coues and the work looks amazing to me compared to other mounts I've seen. I'd definitely recommend them for anyone in the future.

• Like 1

Guest 300ultramag.

I suggest a CWT banquet. Have said taxidermists display coues mounts and then we vote.

any takers????? I just need a reason to buy raffle tickets to win stuff :wub:

• Like 2

Guest 300ultramag.

i think the turkey being farmed out was a blessing.... sorry this happened

• Like 1

Birds IMO are a completely different form of taxidermy. They really are their own field. Same with fish. Most shops that I know, mine included either sub them out to a bird guy, or (like myself) refer them straight to a bird guy.

• Like 1

@walking, you can go ahead and send all your work to him then. we can all see he does such great quality work. in fact I have a set of busted sheds id like to get repaired, rick seems quite skilled in that department.

there is no excuse for this type of service from anyone in the taxidermy profession - especially when your name and your word is what gives you business.

I've been holding off - RICK where are you !

No excuses - No bull chit - WHY - the simple truth is the best way to do business - if you are not a man of your word - you have no business

I never like to judge people without the real facts - but from what I see here and have been told - your dealing with clients is full of lies and deception. The work show here on CWT isn't quality work- it isn't even close to meeting the clients request - especially when you agreed to do job to certain specifics and in a timely manner - and get paid in advance- and you are not even doing the work

- how can anyone make a sucky looking horn mount and call it euro mount - unacceptable ! It's embarrassing !! I wouldn't even hang them on my wall

the turkey mount/ antelope horn mount -- from time of agreement --- until the client , on there own after hundreds of conversations / lies / excuses over an extended period of thime , finally had to go get it themselves.- unacceptable

the other antler repair was the worst thing I ever seen - whats the excuse for that !??

this may seem like a bashing - but when we see your results and hear the tales of how you have done business and treated clients , what other conclusion can be made .

Especially when he actually sent a text stating the dog ate it???? WTFudge!!!! Come on now