125coues

Taxidermist Warning

I am also wateing on 2 pre paid full shoulder mounts from rick. I am going to hold my story publicly untill the 19th . I would like to talk to those that are javeing troubles.pls pm me a phone number so i can contact you.

If you don't trust or have any previous dealings with your taxidermist, do NOT leave your antlers with them. If something goes wrong you can usually find a replacement cape.

Stories like this make me realize how lucky I am to have such amazing taxidermist. I trust my friend and taxidermist with all my work. Amazing person! I hope you guys can find someone you trust as well.

Adam

• Like 4

Wife tells me I ain't the greatest carpenter but I surely could a done a better job on those antler repairs. Sorry but you would've been better off mounting the butt of that buck to hang on your wall.

If you don't trust or have any previous dealings with your taxidermist, do NOT leave your antlers with them. If something goes wrong you can usually find a replacement cape.

Stories like this make me realize how lucky I am to have such amazing taxidermist. I trust my friend and taxidermist with all my work. Amazing person! I hope you guys can find someone you trust as well.

Adam

+1

I've seen way too many of these types of stories lately. Makes me not feel so bad that I haven't gotten a trophy worth mounting yet. ha.

• Like 1

Sorry guys, but I think Kip Love is still the worst

Taxi guy out there. As far as being a crook and a piece of $hit. But it sounds like this guy is pretty close

the Arizona State Taxidermy Championship - held in conjunction with the Sportsmans Expo 2015 Feb 19th - 22nd

2015 State Championship

February 19th – 22nd, 2015 Thursday 9:00am through Sunday 12:00pm

The Arizona Taxidermy Artist Association (ATAA) is a volunteer based nonprofit organization. Our main goal and objective is to promote the highest standards in the Fine Art and Science of Taxidermy and to strive to produce high quality work. The ATAA seeks to foster a good understanding to the general public about the field of taxidermy.

• Like 1

man i love how bad and crooked taxi's get put on blast here. i feel terrible for the victims as i have been a victim myself. never had a head stolen, but have waited over 2 years for nearly every animal i've got mounted. keep stringin em up fellas. does anyone remember the post of the mountain lion mount and remount that looked so terrible? i believe it was done by McBride? if so, post up the link to that one

I have to share my experience with Double Buck as well. Nothing against Rick as a person but as a taxidermist he handles his business very poorly!

I won a free shoulder mount from Double Buck in 2012. I took him a javelina I shot in February of 2012. I requested a half mount facing right trying to bite the arrow I had shot the pig with(trying to recreate the moment). I also took my wife's first and only javelina to him at the same time for a euro.

Rick seemed like a great guy and so in July 2012 I took him my archery bear to get a rug done. I was concerned about the hyde slipping because of the heat and after his inspection he said it would be fine.

In November of 2012 I was called and told that the hyde had slipped and the rug wasn't going to turn out so he said he would get me the skull and claws.

In March of 2013 I received my javelina shoulder mount. The mount is of the pig facing the wrong way and is only a shoulder mount, not half mount as requested! I was charged for the extra costs of the half mount as well as the bear skull and claws.

I wish I kept the date for when I received the euro javi and the bear skull. It was middle of 2014 though. Hopefully Rick finds a different profession or many people see this thread and avoid the headaches. There was a lot of deception and the quality in product as well as service was horrible.

My javelina "half" mount - 13 month turn around and not mounted as requested

My wife's javelina euro - approx. 27 - 30 month turn around

My bear rug - approx. 22 - 25 month turn around and ill advised on condition (only salvaged skull and claws)

Hope this helps some people!

post-3645-0-67263200-1421384115_thumb.jpg

please, someone aware me on why there are so many garbage, shady taxidermists out there? my dad lost his best deer to a taxidermist in flag back in the day. maybe some of you guys knew that taxidermist too

I think becouse there is no one to police them. But i beleave there is and i will post up how when i have all my ducks in a row..its almost the 19th.im going to go out on a limb and say i will have one unhappy post with pics and full story shortly after. I will also tell you guys who and how to contact to police your local shady taxi guy.stay tuned its far from over.

I have harvested three June/July bears and none of the hair slipped on them. If you took care of your bear in the field and got its skin off quickly, within 2-3 hours post-shot and cooled it down put it on ice within a another 2-3 hours, then your hide should have been fine. Hopefully, it was not taken out of a freezer to thaw and left unattended, unchecked, or forgotten. I would have asked for the bear hide back to check its condition myself.

I was "taxidermically shafted" by Jeff Paulsen at TaxidermyAZ, who took my money and a bear hide in return for his lies and deceit. I was one lucky guy to even get my raw skin back a year after he received it, thanks to his brother who fished it out from the bottom of a freezer for me! (...said hide supposedly was at the tannery finished and awaiting payment for shipment back to AZ).

The hide was then given to a reputable sponser of this site, who has rugged two bears and a lion for me already. Moral of the story is to stay with a good thing, even if it costs a few dollars more. Don't look to shave off a few bucks on a taxidermy job with an unknown operator, as you may seriously regret making that decision!

• Like 4

Small update i have receaved my deer and elk rack back along with a wet tanned cape hebsays is mine.i have not had time to get the cape.checked out but i will.as soon as possible.work is crazy.anyway jere are some pics of my buck on the ground and my (mount) i.got back.

post-11724-0-90272700-1422230605_thumb.jpg

post-11724-0-25577100-1422230825_thumb.jpg

post-11724-0-86098100-1422230890_thumb.jpg

post-11724-0-39776000-1422230924_thumb.jpg

post-11724-0-20298400-1422230998_thumb.jpg

So taxi guys and the rest. Is this my cape? Has it been chemicly burned from a home tan job? This what i got and it was my first mule deer .i payed 550. Average price for such work? Im scared to even look at elk cape. Lets here what you guys think. One day i will get this redone but i need to get my bull.done.first if cape is usabel.