SEAZCoues

2015 Wyoming Antelope units

I'm planning my first out of state DIY for my first goat hunt in Wyoming for this year. I will have zero points so my plan is to put in for a good unit (which I know I most likely won't draw) and then hope to draw my second or third choice so I can get a PP. As my second/third choice units I have narrowed it down to 113, 30, 8, 20 and possibly 21 or 25 ( I haven't heard or read many good things about 21 or 25). I have talked with a couple members over PM about the draw and a little bit about units but wanted to ask if any other members have any experience with these units that they would be willing to share (steer clear or pointers).

Thank you

• Like 1

Sorry , I went this year ,but I went to a unit My buddy in Casper took Me to and it took 5 points to draw. I don't know the unit to put in for with no or low points. Good luck and have fun. Look at Eastmans Magazine. He pretty much narrows it down.........BOB!

Hunt Units and Regions

Draw odds

The Cody, Lander, and Green River Region have great access to public land but most of the tags require more than 3 points. These areas are regarded as trophy units. Wyoming antelope don't hold a candle to AZ though.

The Casper and Sheridan Regions have the most antelope and decent access. If you look at the draw odds there are plenty of units you can draw with 0 points. Look at units 7, 15, 16,21, 22, 25, 27, 29 and 30. These are your best bet. They don't have the vast areas of public land that other regions have, but you can get a tag and hunt a lot of antelope. Converse county is generally regarded as the "Antelope Capitol" of Wyoming.

I made a map that has the Antelope units and Surface Ownership. Look at the ones that have access and narrow it down to the ones you can draw.

-Ed

Out4blood, Thanks for sharing that map with us you made. That is a very helpful tool! Also for those interested in Wyoming this year, they changed the application deadline until May 31 for Antelope and Deer. Makes it very nice for us here in AZ. You can wait to see if drawn in Arizona before putting in for Wyoming.

• Like 1

Just plan on puttin in in Wyoming. You will have grey hair by time You get an Az. tag. I'M proof...........BOB!

• Like 1

I hunted 25 and 26. 25 has very very little public land but I was able to take a decent pronghorn buck off of it. 26 is a great unit and have killed my largest pronghorn there. But this was in 2003 and 2004

My 2014 wyoming goat spot and stalk, 75yds. Practice shooting in the wind. Also unit 8 is a pain to hunt due to lack of public land. Hunted it in 2013,never again. Its 99% private and one small walk in area only about 2 square miles.

post-4309-0-78807900-1426646553_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I hunted 112 about 6 years ago, drew with 0 bps but opted to pay the increased tag amount which was about 500 if I remember

post-8870-0-09696600-1426724957_thumb.jpg