Sign in to follow this  
WHT_MTNMAN

Another Great Trip to MX (UPDATE WITH KILL SHOT)

I had a great time again joining a few good friends down in MX.

Some great food, friends and good bucks.

Some scenery and my buck.

I've been passing great bucks every year trying for a true Giant and usually end up shooting something small the last day.

At about 11am the last day, I was prepared to go home empty handed and I was "encouraged" to shoot this buck. Not the giant I was

looking for but a good buck that Im happy with.

Thanks Clay at Mogollon for organizing another great trip.

494 yards... Due to time constraints I pushed my first shot as he was bedded straight away, ( I wanted to wait until he stood up, but that could have been a couple hours and our hunt was over, we were headed home the next morning early and needed to be ready to go) I hit a little far back, he got up I proceeded to miss again, (then he bedded facing toward me and here is that clip. You can hear me ask if I hit him in the face, recoil made me 2nd guess my shot placement, but it turned out well. Shot is at the 1:16 min mark. so you don't have to wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pus-uBohFk&list=UUJxTNxvUbIBXGl-ntMC19MA

IMG_20150110_073734816_zpsiankrvyl.jpg

IMG_20150110_073722977_HDR_zpsmgickvxy.j

IMG_20150113_114429748_zpsi1daffvk.jpg

IMG_20150115_121310544_HDR_zpsdvtju3zp.j

Basser15 and Myself with my buck.

IMG_20150115_121649846_zpsphfb109j.jpg

IMG_20150115_122432282_zps6nz21tb0.jpg

• Like 8

GREAT buck! Love the split eye guards, and that is absolutely nothing to pass on. I would say it is a giant for sure. Good tine length, good height, good width, beautiful deer. Congrats.

That is a great buck! Nice pictures of some good coues country, sounds like you had a great time. Congratulations on your buck.

Congrats once again! You will get that Monster you are after someday soon....but until then shooting coues that are just shy of 110 isn't all that bad ;)

And I"m glad we could help encourage you to pull the trigger....

• Like 1

I wouldn't have thought twice about pulling the trigger but what does a meat hunter know. Congratulations on a good buck to add to your awesome collection. :)

TJ

That is a very NICE buck! Lots of character. Great pics of the beautiful Coues country there.

Wow, that its a fantastic buck in my buck. Congratulations! I'd love to do a Mexico hunt like this some day but wouldn't know where to begin.

• Like 2

Thanks TJ, he will fit perfectly with the others in the collection. Rossislider find a group that has done it many times before and has an opening, that is how I started 6 years ago.

Split eye-guard was a bonus, we missed it at 500 yards, Scored 107 for any one interested with tall 17" beams.