Sign in to follow this  
Coues assassin

2 Pigs Down!

Well over the weekend my buddy cwt member dipandeer and I set out for the last time to try and fill our 2015 archery javelina tags. We had been out one weekend before in the beginning of January with no luck at all. We had a day and 1/2 this time so we decided to make the most of it. After what seemed like all day hiking and glassing finally about 3 we spot a small herd of javelina. They were feeding in a open field about 100 yards away and we quickly got into bow range. Justin was at 30 yards from his javelina while I stayed back from him about 20 yards. As he was getting closer I noticed another javelina just to his right only about 15 yards from him that he couldn't see. I tried to tell him without making to much noise but had no luck. So as soon as he drew back on his javelina I did to on the one to his right only 20 yards Infront of me. He hit his Mark right away and as soon as he did the javelina I was full draw on spooked right as I shot and I missed! Luckily one circled back around to me and had no idea I was there and made for a easy 14 yard shot right in the chest. The gravedigger only let her run about 5 yards before pilling up. After a grueling 2 1/2 hour hike back we finally got them back to the truck.

We felt lucky so the next day (Sunday) we had until about noon to hunt. Around 8am justin is set up on a trail as a nice mulie buck is making his way pushing does. At 40 yards justin lets it fly and connects. The shot was good and we looked for hours and hours no arrow,no blood, no deer. It was a terrible feeling especially considering it would be his first deer. I had a nice coues buck later in the day pushing does 73 yards broadside staring at me. The does busted me and ran off but he stayed just looking and stomping his feet. Worried he was going to run off at any minute I rushed the shot and missed. I too have never killed a deer with my bow so I was pretty disappointed. However we did get two javelina on the weekend and the chance at harvesting two bucks so all in all it was a great weekend. I have one more day this week to try and fill my deer tag!

post-11647-0-13685900-1421798892_thumb.jpg

Dropped the skulls off with CMC

post-11647-0-51655300-1421799112_thumb.jpg

post-11647-0-01213100-1421799157_thumb.jpgpost-11647-0-50102200-1421799171.jpg

Here is the buck Justin hit that we are still looking for on camera a few weeks earlier

post-11647-0-07971300-1421799298_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Nice bloody skulls and great job on your double harvest!