Sign in to follow this  
Huntin'AZ

Unit 23 Elk

I noticed some questions posted here about certain elk hunts. I posted my own question over in the "Other Big Game" forum. If anyone would like to add to it, please follow the link below. I am looking to find out information about the area aroung Young, and would also be interested in any tips about where to start our scouting.

Thanks!

Unit 23 Elk

DOG! How many points did you have? This is the hunt I put in for with 13 points and guess what - ZILCH. Congrats and good luck. Maybe I will draw next year and you can share the wealth. Chris.

Congratulations on your draw. I too have been trying to get drawn for that hunt for quite a while now with 11 bonus points. I did draw my second choice which was 5B South for archery bull. I have to be glad that I got drawn, but I would really love to have the 23 tag. I have seen several bulls in there well over the 350 -360 range. A lot af palmated antlers as well. Get ahold of the Southwest Outdoors guys or the local taxidermist "Wood Halloway". I am sure they might be able to help you out.

I noticed some questions posted here about certain elk hunts. I posted my own question over in the "Other Big Game" forum. If anyone would like to add to it, please follow the link below. I am looking to find out information about the area aroung Young, and would also be interested in any tips about where to start our scouting.

Thanks!

Unit 23 Elk

HuntinAZ, its been a couple of years but I have gotten in to some nice bulls on the naglin rim just north of the air strip.

Thanks!

Unit 23 Elk

My folks lived in young for 10 years and we spent tons of time out in the woods around there. we both killed elk right around young and i know some great places to go. since i am sure i will most likely never hunt there again i dont mind sharing what i know. if you are interested at all, send me a message about where you would like to hunt and I will tell you what i know.

darren