Capt. Don Martin

Laura's first javelina--Cost of a mount?

This weekend I took out a awesome young lady on her first ever javelina hunt.

Laura had a tag in Unit 18B.

She practiced and practiced with my Rock River Arms AR-15 until she got dialed in with Fiocchi Match 77 grain HPBT ammo.

post-11017-0-51311100-1422252176_thumb.jpg

Hers is the three shot group that is touching! Her brother Ryan shot the other group.

Anyway Laura put the smack down on a very respectable boar that field dressed weighed 37 lbs. 14 oz. on Saturday.

post-11017-0-20007400-1422252322_thumb.jpg

I skinned it out and am considering getting it mounted for her.

Haven't had a pig mounted for years.

Just wondering what is the cost of a closed mouth and/or open mouth pig?

Thanks,

Don Martin

Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

• Like 2

The cost of getting a kid's first javelina mounted is priceless. As for money out of pocket, I think around $600 for a shoulder mount? I don't know though. I can tell you to make sure you go to a good taxidermist. Not one of the shady guys in the business. I would hate to see a horrible mount on her first pig. Congrats to the huntress, and to the people who got her out there. Good job to all. And great shooting too.

• Like 1

Nice work on the piggy. I cant help but notice the hand guard on your ar has coyote paw prints cut into it. I hope at 34 I get my first pig last year was my first try at them sweet pig and ar

Awesome! gr8 pig for a girl. :() L.O.L. just teasin.. that is awesome, im stillllll trying to get my daughter her 1st piggy but she and I goof off too much when supposed to be hunting. ;)

That AR is a Rock River Arms Fred Eichler Series. It comes with that coyote print hand guard. Has a cryo barrel and tuned muzzle break.

Gun shoots really, really well.

Need a business name for a good javelina taxidermist.

Don Martin

Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

I got mine done for $450 two years ago. Not sure what he charges now but I used Mike Vacarro.

+1 for Mike Vacarro " A Head of the Game Taxidermy" he has done multiple mounts for us including 2 javelinas, all of witch turned out great. His # 623-451-5067