Sign in to follow this  
AxisWorks LLC

6.5 Grendel AR

Curiouse if anyone has any experience building a 6.5 Grendel in a 15 platform?

I have been challenged with this task and soaking up all I can before the credit card comes out. I already have a stiller lower, and a 20" proof reaserch barrel on order. Looking more for info on feeding tips and tricks and Gas system advice.

Thanks,

Speedy.

As much as I hate to say it...check AR15.com. Weed through all the BS to get the info you need.

Predator masters has an AR section and guys on that site run them as well.

yes - took a while to dial-in but it's a pin point hammer. Get the side-charging setup. Use a bullet gauge to make sure all rounds are factory specks. Being new to reloading this round, I did not size the new brass and it caused me to chase my tail thinking I needed a adjustable gas block and different buffer, but is was my fault. Also only use Alexander Arms mags - pricey but no feeding issues ever. I used a Black Hole Weaponry 18" barrel.

post-2909-0-96295900-1423006941_thumb.jpg

Speedygoss,

I have built 2 ARs in 6.5 Grendel and really like them. One has an 18" Satern barrel and the other is a 16" Alexander Arms. Adjustable gas blocks on both to help preserve the brass. The factory Hornady 123 grn Amax and SST's have worked well for me. I have reloaded with the 120 grn Nosler ballistic tip and had good success as well. As far as mags I have used the AA ones and the AR Stoner ones from Midway USA without any problems. So far I have taken two Coues and one javelina with the the 18". Check out www.65grendel.com for lots of good info. Hope this helps you get started!

Speedygoss,

I have built 2 ARs in 6.5 Grendel and really like them. One has an 18" Satern barrel and the other is a 16" Alexander Arms. Adjustable gas blocks on both to help preserve the brass. The factory Hornady 123 grn Amax and SST's have worked well for me. I have reloaded with the 120 grn Nosler ballistic tip and had good success as well. As far as mags I have used the AA ones and the AR Stoner ones from Midway USA without any problems. So far I have taken two Coues and one javelina with the the 18". Check out www.65grendel.com for lots of good info. Hope this helps you get started!

Thanks for the reply guys. I've tried twice to join the the 6.5grendel forum. It tells me that a moderator will activate my acct. but they never have. Still can't post. Sent them a few msgs with no response.