This morning my daughter and I were up early before school. I had the day off so I asked her if she wanted to have some daddy-daughter time this afternoon and do some calling. She agreed so I picked her up from Kindergarten and we headed out. I had snacks and all the gear ready. Last month I brought my girls out calling for the first time and we got a fox Story here:

I had a spot picked out I wanted to try. We got settled on our chairs and I wrapped her up in the camo blanket I got her for her birthday for this purpose. Called for just over 20 minutes and was just about to pack it up when I saw something coming. It was heading for cover behind the call and it was fairly thick so instead of really identifying what it was I signaled to my daughter where to look and then got ready. I saw the animal (I was at first thinking fox) thru some thick stuff and then disappeared behind a big pine tree. When it didn't pop right out from the other side I realized that it may very well be a cat. The longer it didn't pop out the more I expected a cat face to appear. Sure enough after at least a minute is slowly walked out and stopped and my suspicion was confirmed. I slowly raised up the shotgun and flattened it, 15-20 yards max.

We were both very excited, bobcats are always a very welcome surprise!

Our chair and blanket setup:

IMG_20150127_164219322_zpsehzfd6ak.jpg

Underneath attire:

IMG_20150127_163945165_zpsagmdof8p.jpg

She's not a bad little photographer either:

IMG_20150127_164327300_zpseksmlqrz.jpg

IMG_20150127_164518252_zpssbkhdshh.jpg

My youngest was excited too:

IMG_20150127_172644940_zpsku6uuytr.jpg

IMG_20150127_172827202_zps6btyp5ul.jpg

• Like 7

I agree with all above. Great job on getting the kids out of the house and into the outdoors. Nice cat, and I hope to see your daughter with something soon too!

Yeah Lance she told me walking back to the truck that she wanted to shoot one. I got her a 22 this summer and she only shot it once, was not super interested in it so I didn't push it. I told her if she practiced this spring and summer I'd let her shoot fox next year and she was down. I'll see if I can get her shooting a lot more this year.

That's awesome to have your daughter getting out with you! Special times for sure. Great looking bobcat too! Are you going to mount it or pelt it out?

Congratulations on your success!

I'm just getting the pelt tanned and skull whitened. It would have made a good mount, I'm not big on taxidermy but my wife said she likes bobcat mounts so I guess the next one may get mounted. I'd already open skinned it when she told me.

Well done!