Sign in to follow this  
gritism

Pima County opposes predator hunt on county lands

I don't know how they are going to "actively oppose access to our lands for this purpose." when they manage 200K acres of land. I almost want to go predator hunting during that week to show support... and kill some coyotes.

• Like 1

Tucson's politicians and officials are almost as bad as California's. Predator competitions are a great way to target a specific area and saturate it with some pressure. Good luck to all the hunter's involved. Shoot straight!

• Like 1

I've been seeing this protesting on FB. I wonder what those protesters would think when they see our G and F go gunning coyotes out of planes and choppers?????

They really have no idea how prolific coyotes are

and how problematic coyotes are on other wildlife! Pretty sad.

• Like 1

Tucson's politicians and officials are almost as bad as California's. Predator competitions are a great way to target a specific area and saturate it with some pressure. Good luck to all the hunter's involved. Shoot straight!

Didn't you read that other article.....when we hunt coyote we push them onto ranches and cause trouble for the ranchers!!!

How did Tucson become such a political left bed??? I know some really great people from down there and I always ask them how they keep voting in the politicians that they get.......right must be the minority there......

I say, instead of shooting coyotes for the period of one year, we live trap them, and deposit them in the backyards alongside "Fluffy" and "Cuddles" of those opposed to hunting predators.

• Like 3

I just wonder how they figure they can keep us off of land that was bought with tax dollars and is maintained with tax dollars. These people are crazy and what i read into the g&f statement was just lip service because the g&f knows it is not right

• Like 1

I dont think the board opposing it means you cant hunt on it. Its just them whining out loud from what I understand. But im not sure on that. The PredatorMasters convention( which is the reason they are all lathered up) this weekend isnt even a competition or hunt for that matter anyway. Its a convention. With some members getting together to go hunt the local areas during that time. All these nitwit college brainwashed liberals never step foot outdoors yet know everything there is about wildlife biology. That is until there precious poodle becomes a pile of crap in the nearby wash, then its off with there heads for the coyote. Typical liberal hypocrisy

• Like 1

From what I can tell it's just a convention about predator hunting and like trphyhunter says no actually hunting. Just the people attending might team up and go out on their own terms???? Pretty rediculous protests!

theyre not even having a hunting competition I don't think. its just a gathering of predator hunters and they go hunt for fun.

I don't care!!!!! Get together or hunt, we better not even take one step closer to being like california anti hunts groups. Everyone kill a yote this weekend !

It would be interesting to drive down & offer to take a couple protesters out to the "slaughter". Call all day and be dang lucky to get a dog in much less take one. It'd also be cool to have one of those really good days too.

Point is these people have a problem with their wild side. We are all descended from hunter gatherers. The hunt is in us. It must scare the heck out of them.

I wouldn't mind going down there and trolling those protestors. Post up with some dead coyotes, play predator calling vids on a big screen like a tailgate party. Too bad there will probably only be 2 hippies there