I have a remington 700 in 243 win, i reload for 300 win mag and 308 win, just started reloading for the 243, my measurement for the coal with the gauge is 2.790 touching the lans if i take 30 thou will be 2.760 the book for the sierra calls for 2.650, do you think my coal is too long or should i go for the manual load?

Do what your rifle tells you, not the book.

What he said!

Usually SA Rem 700 magazine box is around 2.900". Your COAL should still fit the mag and remain .030" off the lands if you measured correctly. Book show SAAMI lengths, what manufacturers use to fit in all types of stock firearms. If your guns likes longer than SAAMI, then go with it.

What powder is everyone running for the 243? I was looking at running R22, R17 or H4350 with 85 and 87 grainers. I have plenty of it all on hand I think I will start with R17 as I only have one pound of that on hand and noting else to use it in!

R17 with 100 grainers for me. It seems like r17 has a very narrow gap for accuracy but once you find that gap, it's a really good powder for the .243. Max load produced very good groups for me. 1 grain under max was ok. 1.5 grains under max was horrible so don't give up on it If you're getting crappy groups as you ladder up. Imr 4350 seems to be the go to powder for many people in the .243 but r17 gave me better groups once I found its sweet spot.

What powder is everyone running for the 243? I was looking at running R22, R17 or H4350 with 85 and 87 grainers. I have plenty of it all on hand I think I will start with R17 as I only have one pound of that on hand and noting else to use it in!

Near max h4831sc with a 95g berger...2950fps 1/2 groups..

4064 would work well too. Very similar burn rate to varget.