Sign in to follow this  
yotebuster

Beetles in N valley

Anyone know if there's anybody doing skulls with beetles in the far north valley. We are here in carefree for another few days for family vacation and mixed in a little javelina hunting, my step dad got his first one yesterday and I really want to have the skull cleaned for him.

Pressure washing is where it's at. I've had both last year's and this year's Javelina skulls pressure washed and there's nothing better. Cody had an elk done that way too and it looks sharp

Why not just get it boiled

I like the beetles because the skull stays stronger then being cooked. If they get handled a lot they don't break as easy. I had western skulls do a mule deer a few years back and it didnt get properly degreased and its all nasty and oily and grey now. I had another guy with beetles that worked down toward cardinals stadium do a few and they turned out awesome, anyone know who I'm talking about. Forgot his name but I know he's on here.

Why not just get it boiled

I like the beetles because the skull stays stronger then being cooked. If they get handled a lot they don't break as easy. I had western skulls do a mule deer a few years back and it didnt get properly degreased and its all nasty and oily and grey now. I had another guy with beetles that worked down toward cardinals stadium do a few and they turned out awesome, anyone know who I'm talking about. Forgot his name but I know he's on here.

Might have been Bret with Game Trail Taxi. His shop is just a few miles from stadium. He no longer has beetles tho.

Bret uses the pressure wash style now, and his skulls turn out great! He has done 4 for me and all 4 look great! Give him a call, you will not be disappointed!

I did see recently a friend's son has started a skull cleaning business and has beetles. He's located near 91st and Pinnacle Peak. His name is Garrett Kauffman and business name is Dead Head Skulls.

+1 on CMC. Cole does such good work I ship to him from New Mexico.

Excellent finished skulls.